Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 26th, 2017 08:00

Networker 9.1 support VBA 1.1.2.8?

Greetings

While I understand Networker 9.1 now requires the use of the new Networker VMware Protection NVP.  However, I understand that VBA is still supported and backups will still complete but you will be unable modify a vba policy once you have migrated to 9.1.  To this affect, I have a few questions

* - Does networker 9.1 support VBA 1.1.2.8 or do I need to migrate to 1.5.1.7 in effort for VBA to be supported as described above?

If supported, will I still be able to restore a client using the VBA appliance while running on 9.1?

* - If required to upgrade to vba 1.5.1.7 will I still be able to restore VBA backups while running 9.1.

Thanks for your time.

40 Posts

April 27th, 2017 00:00

Hi Dan,

• NetWorker 9.1 supports both VBA and NVP(vProxy) at the same time. Since VBA is deprecated in NW 9.1 there will be no major updates or upgrades for this product. It is recommended to migrate existing VBA backups to NVP(vProxy).
  • As part of the migration plan VBA support is limited:

- You can edit VBA policies but you cannot create any new VBA policies.

- All new policies must be created in NVP(vProxy).

- NVP(vProxy) does not support recovery from VBA backups.

- You should continue to use VBA until current VBA backups are expired.Once the backups expire, you can

safely discontinue VBA.

• With NetWorker 9.1 recovery from VBA backups is supported using the VBA.
  • According with CompGuideApp ( There is a NetWorker Server - VBA Compatibility matrix report) VBA 1.1.2.8 is not supported. You need to upgrade accordingly.

Note: As NetWorker 9.1 and later is significantly different from NetWorker versions prior to 9.x, Dell EMC highly recommends that customers take advantage of Upgrade services provided by EMC Professional Services and EMC Partners and use the available free training NetWorker 9.x Training. ( If unprepared, you might encounter issues including backup failures during and after upgrading from earlier NetWorker releases).

Hope that answer your questions.

Regards,

Liliana

No Events found!