Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 16th, 2015 00:00

Networker: Backup ACFS file shares on Linux

Hi there,

I'm trying to backup some Oracle ACFS file shares on Linux clients with networker.

Backup runs "successful", all ACFS files and folders can be selected, but for restore there are empty mount points only, contents are not listed

I have a standard linux client installation of networker 8.2.1 on the client machines.

Has anybody an idea how to manage this?

Best Regards,

Squeeze999

2 Posts

September 16th, 2015 05:00

The ACFS shares are part of fstab.

I can see and select all files and folders, when I create the NW client resource, but strangely enough, they are missing for the restore selection.

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

September 16th, 2015 05:00

I didn't work with ACFS yet (only with ASM), but do you access ACFS via ACFS cli or from regular OS?  Obviously you need access from OS level for NW agent to work (not sure if ACFS in that respect extends itself above ASM, but it sounds like it does).

Most likely, these ACFS mounts are not part of fstab and therefore neglected by NW.  You can try to manually define them as save set and see if that works. If it is does, test restore including timestamps and permissions as this approach might not be supported (normally there is list of supported file systems and I don't think I have seen ACFS there).

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

September 16th, 2015 13:00

If these are recognized as separate file systems, what does mminfo report for them?  Do:

mminfo -avot -c -r name,savetime,nsavetime,level,sumsize,nfiles

Can you post relevant part for ACFS mnt points.

No Events found!