Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 30th, 2014 11:00

Networker Licensing Guide?

I'm searching for an updated copy of the Networker Licensing Guide that includes at least NW 8.1.  Can't find one anywhere.  Anyone have an idea?

Thanks,

Eric

2 Intern

• 

2.1K Posts

July 1st, 2014 00:00

2 Intern

• 

2.1K Posts

July 1st, 2014 00:00

BTW

Please consider moving this question as-is (no need to recreate) to the proper forum for maximum visibility.  Questions written to the users' own "Discussions" space don't get the same amount of attention and questions can go unanswered for a long time.

You can do so by selecting "Move" under ACTIONS along the upper-right.  Then search for and select: "Networker Support Forum" which would be the most relevant for this question.

124 Posts

July 1st, 2014 07:00

Fenglin Li,

Thank you.  I really appreciate your assistance in both finding this document and in suggesting the correct forum.  I don't think you can help with this problem that I'm about to state specifically, but I need to vent...

I find it very difficult to find the documents that I'm looking for in the now plethora of communities and sometimes overlapping/redundant spaces/sub-spaces that exist.  I searched for this document for literally nearly an hour before I got frustrated enough to ask for assistance. (and yes, I tried "search," to no avail.)

Powerlink has/had many issues, but it at least did have a structure to it that made it reasonalbly intuitive where certain documents were supposed to be.

Any thoughts on this, anyone?

Thanks,

Eric

p.s. Moving this thread now to the Networker Support forum.

124 Posts

July 1st, 2014 07:00

Also, I notice that the Networker Licensing Guide does not contain details of what's included in the various Networker Editions.  It references the editions, but doesn't say what they are or what enablers they contain.

Any help here?

2 Intern

• 

2.1K Posts

July 1st, 2014 18:00

hi emarzock,

EMC online support site has different structure to present product related documents such as Networker. I think the "support by product" feature is easy to find document. https://support.emc.com/products/1095_NetWorker Did you try it?

736 Posts

July 1st, 2014 23:00

Hi,

The info you are looking for is contained in the Release Notes for each NetWorker version.  For example, for NetWorker 8.2, it's on page 14 of the Release Notes:

https://support.emc.com/docu53912

'Features Provided with Base Enablers'

-Bobby

124 Posts

July 2nd, 2014 07:00

Thank you again for your reply.  I suppose I'm struggling with the concept of what's public information (within support.emc.com) and sales/partner-facing information.  I need to look more to support.emc.com first.

124 Posts

July 2nd, 2014 07:00

Thanks for this, Bobby.  Helps very much, I now have the information that I need.  I'd like to make a suggestion to those who are maintaining these documents:

Networker Licensing information, including:

1. Detailed information on the Editions

2. Capacity-based and Al-la-carte based models

3. Modules, physical, virtual clients

4. Evaluation Enablers

5. Licensing processes and procedures

needs to be in just one document, called "Networker Licensing Guide."

The DPAD backup space is pretty complex and rapidly evolving these days, so, anything that EMC can do to help make it easier on the partners/customers is greatly appreciated.

Eric

No Events found!