Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 29th, 2012 08:00

Networker client installation guide

Hi

I am new to networker. My existing environment already have networker server, console and client running. if i want to add new client which is a windows 2003 server, how do i do the configuration?

What are the step required? is it need to installed client agent on my new windows 2003 server first then use the networker console to add it in?

Regards

Vince

August 29th, 2012 09:00

Hello Vince,

First, you need to install the Networker client software  in client machine (windows 2003). For detail steps with respect to installing the networker client software you can refer the "networker Installation guide" for the topic   "Microsoft Windows Installation" available in EMC power link home page.

Second, You can  configure  the client instance using "Client backup configuration Wizard".

To access the Client Backup Configuration Wizard:

1. From the Administration window, click Configuration.

2. In the Configuration window, click Clients.

3. Add a client or modify an existing client:

• To add a new client, select Configuration menu > Client BackupConfiguration > New.

• To modify an existing client, select the client and then select Configuration menu > Client Backup Configuration >Modify.

4.Follow the instructions on the wizard pages.

On the Select Files to Back Up page, it is recommended that you select all files for

backup. This is the default selection.

• By default, the option Perform disaster recovery for this client is selected.

Un-selecting this option will exclude the DISASTER_RECOVERY:\ save set

from being backed up, and the VSS SYSTEM save sets will be generated

instead.

• If you are protecting a system that also hosts Active Directory, DFS-R, or

Windows Server Failover Cluster, and you want to have the option to recover

these items online, that is, without performing a disaster recovery, create an

additional client resource for the host and specify the following save sets:

VSS SYSTEM BOOT:\

VSS SYSTEM SERVICES:\

VSS SYSTEM FILESET:\

If you do not specify the previously listed save sets explicitly, Active Directory,

DFS-R, or Windows Server Failover Cluster applications are still recovered

with the DISASTER_RECOVERY:\ save set. However, the

DISASTER_RECOVERY:\ save set can only be recovered with an offline

recovery (Windows DR) operation.

5. Complete the wizard screens as instructed.

For more information you can refer the " Networker administration guide " and  "Networker installation guide "

If you require any further information , let us know.

Thank you ,

Vishwanath

2 Posts

Hi Vishwanath

Thank for the advise, i will try it out. By the way, i those some not in use client in my environment is there any special step to remove them and use this unused client license for my new client?

Do i need update the license manager? if yes how do i go about doing?

Regards

Vince

Vince,

With respect licensing manger , I need to  do little research. I will update you once  get any information with respect to your deleting of client

Thank you ,

Vish

14.3K Posts

September 3rd, 2012 01:00

If you have single datazone (1 backup server) there is no need to use license manager so you can move licenses to backup server and get rid of license manager.

No Events found!