Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 15th, 2014 10:00

Repository operation failed Error creating savestream on remote host

nsrcpd.jpgRunning NetWorker 8.1.  NetWorker Server is on Linux.  NMC is on Windows.  Trying to setup ability to push WIN update packages.  Places WIN_x86 and WIN_x64 in /nsr/NW on NetWorker Server.

Using Software Administration Wizard:

- Add software products to the repository

- Windows

- Media Kit Location /nsr/NW

- Select Products - shows 2 windows media kits, select win_x86

- Host Name networkercos (Windows Server 2008 R2 where NMC is running)

- Media Kit Location C:\NW  (has administration read/write permissions) (C:\Windows/Temp also has administration read/write permissions)

Get Message box:

Repository Operation Failed

Failure adding product from:

/nsr/NW/win_x86

Error creating savestream on remote host

nsrcpd.raw log shows:

BTW, updating the Linux repository with a Linux distribution works fine.

5 Posts

Thanks for the quick reply.

If I understand what you are saying, I need to have a NetWorker Server installed on Windows, with a repository cdpb in order to update the repository on another Windows box?  I guess the same is true in reverse, I would need a Linux NetWorker server in order to update the repository on a Linux server?

So, in a mixed environment (Linux/Windows) I need 2 NetWorker Servers?

Thanks,

David

2.4K Posts

The old story...

NW adds the software to the repository via a 'save' process. This implies that the Windows software packages must be transfered from a Windows client. The repository can be on any host.

2.4K Posts

October 15th, 2014 14:00

No - of course one repository can keep all software packages. No matter of which OS type.

But to add SW to the repository, it must be added from a client of the same OS type family.

155 Posts

May 14th, 2018 05:00

Came across a similar error, solution was to provide complete set of binaries instead of just client binaries from the setup extract. Though the error was deceptive.

No Events found!