Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 25th, 2017 02:00

Restore issue

Hello,

We are using Networker 8.2 to make the backups of our files.

We have the software installed on 2 servers which are backed on 2 different tapes on different devices.

Ex:device1- tape1

device2- tape2

We want to restore the iniformation from te tape2 using the device1, but when we are inserting the tape 2 into the device1 we cannot mount the tape. The error says that the device is expecting tape1.

So, my question is how we can mount a tape to a device which is part from another media pool?

Thank you!

2.4K Posts

April 26th, 2017 14:00

As already metioned, the problem is the device you select for a pool.

Enablers = Disablers  -  If you enable specific device(s) you disable all others.

Consequently you must avoid such situations by selecting the correct device(s) or leave this criteria unselected.

'Devices' is a non-mandatory criteria -  do not forget that the Default pool has none select and it still can be used.

1.7K Posts

April 25th, 2017 05:00

Hi Bogdan,

Can you please check the pool configuration? There might be a restriction in the "Selection Criteria" tab that prevents tapes from any other pool to be mounted in certain devices.

If you have for example 2 pools, poolA and PoolB, and Tape1 is labeled to PoolA, and Tape2 is labelled to PoolB, if the PoolB only allows Device2 to be used for this pool, you won't be able to mount any other tape from other pool on this device.

Thank you,

Carlos

April 25th, 2017 23:00

I have changed in Media pools and I have assigned the pool1 to Device2...but the problem is still present: when I am trying to mount the tape I am receiving the next error: 'pool A cannot be mounted on this device'.

Could you please advise?

Thank you!

Bogdan

April 26th, 2017 08:00

yes, "selection criteria" should be having devices checked for pool which going to load.

No Events found!