Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 16th, 2012 01:00

[SOLVED] Adding mssql client -> Referenced object does not exist

Hi,

I have annoying problem with one of my db clients. When I try to add new client with client backup configuration tool in NetWroker server I get halted on second screen of this wizard ("specify the backup configuration type"). I choose SQL Server and then comes this error:

"Referenced object does not exist"

No entries on any log (client or server) found about this issue.

It's not a problem with nsr peer authorization -> file client works fine. I have encountered this kind of problem some time earlier and solution was to install on db server older version of NMSQL client. I tried, in this case it didn't work. Strange thing is, that on 2 other DB servers I have those older NMSQL clients (5.2.1.299) and everything works fine.

Also solution from esg116864 is not my case because I have MS SQL 2005.

Some tech info:

NW server: 7.6 build 142

tried NMSQL clients: 5.2, 5.2.1, 5.2.2 (but 5.2.1 works on two other hosts)

OS versions (on NW and DB hosts): Windows 2003 standard

MS SQL: 2005

Please advice.

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

May 28th, 2012 03:00

The version of the backup server you use is not recommended to use today so I would suggest to move away from it. I assume if you do configuration without wizard everything works?

May 28th, 2012 04:00

Yes, i would agree with Hrvoje, try to configure the client without the wizard it should work fine.

June 4th, 2012 05:00

Thanks, it worked. I have added client without wizard.

August 7th, 2012 00:00

Hi,

Did you have the solution for use the wizard  ? I thinks is more clean because the backup type texte is explicite "SQL" and not "Filesystem"

I use the 7.6.3-5 with module sql nmsql

thanks for your help

No Events found!