JonP3
1 Nickel

Scheduled incremental backup done as full

Jump to solution

We have our Win 2003 and Solaris clients set to "Full on 1st of month". Some of the time it will do incremental backups on the other days, but more often than not it do Full backups every day. I don't see anything obvious in /nsr/logs/messages or /nsr/log/summary. How would you suggest that I proceed? It's eating a lot of tapes.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Scheduled incremental backup done as full

Jump to solution

Hi Jon,

As suggested above please verify the schedule selected under groups and the client properties.

If the group has no schedule set and the client as a FULL schedule, then always full backups are performed

If the group has FULL schedule set and the client has INCR, then only full will be run as the group schedule will override the client schedule.

Hence if you want to have incremental backups to run, modify the group schedule as INCR so that all your schedule saves are run as INCR backups.

Thank you

ShivaKiran

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Aegh
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Have you check the schedule tab in group configuration? It will overide the schedule in client config.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Jon,

As suggested above please verify the schedule selected under groups and the client properties.

If the group has no schedule set and the client as a FULL schedule, then always full backups are performed

If the group has FULL schedule set and the client has INCR, then only full will be run as the group schedule will override the client schedule.

Hence if you want to have incremental backups to run, modify the group schedule as INCR so that all your schedule saves are run as INCR backups.

Thank you

ShivaKiran

0 Kudos
JonP3
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Interesting. I would have thought that the specific (client) would

overrule the general (group). It works backwards from what I thought,

but your guidance fixed it. Thanks.

Jonathan M. Prigot

617-278-0794