Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 7th, 2011 02:00

StorageTek EBS; Unable to edit the users in the user groups 'Administrators'

Hello,

I've a issue with editing the user group 'Administrators' in the StorageTek Enterprise Backup Software Administration running on Solaris.

When I'm logged in on StorageTek Enterprise Backup Software 7.6 Management Console as user Administrator (with the roles 'Console Application Administrator, Console User & Console Security Administrator') I start the StorageTek Enterprise Backup Software Administration.

By the user groups we have the following groups: Administrators, Administrators, Operator, Users, Users.

For the groups: Operator, Users and Users, I'm able to change/add new users to the group. When I try the same for the group Administrators the changes are not being saved. The only thing I can change is the 'Comment' field.

I hope that somebody can help me with this...

4 Posts

September 27th, 2011 07:00

Finaly I got the reason why...

In the list of Administrators there was an entry for a server that is no longer a client in networker. By removing that entry the function is working as it should....

14.3K Posts

September 7th, 2011 06:00

Did you log with admin user or user having admin rights?  I'm also confufed why do you list 2x administrator and users.  If you connected as user which is not in admin list then you may get this thing... and you may get wierd things (or at least that used to be the case in the past) if you log as administrator as opposed to Administrator.

4 Posts

September 7th, 2011 06:00

We have three users configured:

User Name Roles
admin Console User
administrator Console Application Administrator, Console User, Console Security Administrator
user Console User

Till now I've tried to change it with user "Administrator" (with admin rights!). When I login as user 'Admin' (with only console user-rights) I still see the double administrator and user groups.

14.3K Posts

September 7th, 2011 13:00

OK, so you are talking about NMC auth mechasnim and not the one towards NW.  Giver that admin user and user have same roles, I do not see for two to exist.  If you wish to do changes to any of the user settings, you must log as Administrator.

4 Posts

September 7th, 2011 23:00

Hrvoje Crvelin wrote:

... If you wish to do changes to any of the user settings, you must log as Administrator.

Hi Hrvoje, as mentioned I already tried to change it as user 'Administrator'. What do I do wrong?

14.3K Posts

September 8th, 2011 13:00

One question; are you using external auth (hopefully not in this case) or local authentification?  If local one, as you see certain things double, there might have been some sort of corruption.  In such case, you can reinstall NMC package only (and make sure to remove its database).  Upon new install you will be able to log and set up the things as they were and you should not see any issues. 

No Events found!