Start a Conversation

Unsolved

48 Posts

November 20th, 2018 11:00

Unable to backup Lotus database with NMDA

Hello community,

today I installed a NetWorker Client, extended Client and NMDA software on a Windows Server 2016 R2. It is a Lotus Notes server and I want to backup the Lotus database. My NetWorker server is running also on Windows Server 2016 R2. I am using NetWorker version 18.1.0.2

I created a client resource for the Lotus backup by using the client wizard within NMC. But I am not able to run a backup. It fails with the message:

suppressed 1800 bytes of output.

Unable to process file D:\ \ .nsf.

System error: Operation aborted.

Backup failed for D:\ \ .nsf.

53294:nsrdasv: Backup failed.

175295:nsrdasv: Successfully connected to the Data Domain device.

175295:nsrdasv: Successfully connected to the Data Domain device.

129292:nsrdasv:Successfully established Client direct save session for save-set ID '2717115780' ( :NOTES:_3) with Data Domain volume ' '.

142169:nsrdasv: Save-set ID '2717115780' (client ' ': save-set 'NOTES:_3') is aborted.

ProSS: SSItem: 3 Backup is aborted for D:\ \ .nsf.

129292:nsrdasv:Successfully established Client direct save session for save-set ID '2700338565' ( :NOTES:_2) with Data Domain volume ' '.

142169:nsrdasv: Save-set ID '2700338565' (client ' ': save-set 'NOTES:_2') is aborted.

ProSS: SSItem: 2 Backup is aborted for D:\ \ .nsf.

129292:nsrdasv:Successfully established Client direct save session for save-set ID '2683561349' ( :NOTES:_1) with Data Domain volume ' '.

Unable to process file D:\ \ .NSF.

142169:nsrdasv: Save-set ID '2683561349' (client ' ': save-set 'NOTES:_1') is aborted.

ProSS: SSItem: 1 Backup is aborted for D:\ \ .NSF.

31194:nsrdasv: The process 5928 received the signal 0

84109:nsrdasv: Child process 5928 (returned pid = 5928) returned with failure -1.

--- Job Indications ---

Unable to find any full backups of the save set ' :NOTES:' in the media database. Recommending that a full backup be performed.

:NOTES:: retried 1 times.

The client configuration is pretty simple. The wizard recognized the Lotus installation and filled all the needed information. This is what is displayed under "Application Information" in the client resource:

NSR_BACKUP_LOTUS_DIR:"TRUE";

NSR_LOTUS_DATA_DIR:"D\:\\IBM\\Domino\\data";

NSR_NOTES_INI_PATH:"D\:\\IBM\\Domino\\notes.ini";

NSR_WIZARD_VERSION:"W1.1"; Notes_ExecDirectory:"D\:\\IBM\\Domino"; name:"Lotus"; type:"LotusCFG";

Can someone help or give me a hint? Do I need to specify a user somewhere? Or is it better to use the configuration files on the Lotus server?

Thanks in advance,

beacon.

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

November 21st, 2018 19:00

I would suggest you start with the below steps :

- Verify the permission to the user that is being used take the backups.

- Check the Domino logs to check what is happening when the backup is initiated.

- If you don't find any hint with the above steps, increase the debug and run a backup again.

48 Posts

November 21st, 2018 22:00

Alright, I‘m gonna try that.

But where do I define the backup user? Since the client and NMDA packages are installed under a domain administrator account, I think that credentials are used to perform the backup.

Do I perhaps need to assign the nsrexecd-service to another account? It should run under SYSTEM now.

Cheers

Beacon

1 Message

November 22nd, 2018 22:00

The backup process is like the normal backup, except that the savegrp is called and issues a request to nsrexecd on the client.  nsrexecd calls nsrdasv which loads the correct API for the database installed lite blue.

48 Posts

December 19th, 2018 00:00

So, I played a little bit around. But I am still not able to backup the database.

I changed my configuration on the NSR client. I now use the configuration file under .../nsr/apps/config. I configured the Notes_ExecDirectory, NSR_LOTUS_DATA_DIR and NSR_NOTES_INI_PATH. The client wizard on the NMC recognized them right and did not report any failures.

When I start the backup, data gets transferred. After an unknown time (one time 30 min., another time 60 min.) the backup crashes:

Unable to process file D:\IBM\Domino\data\domino\js\dojo-1.5.4\ibm\domino\widget\layout\layers\nls\DominoRichText_fr-fr.js.

System error: XBSA-1.0.1 18.1.0.1.Build.37 6980 Mon Dec 17 18:58:33 2018                   _nwbsa_senddata32: System detected error due to: sending a data buffer. Operation aborted.

The backup job nearly transferred 180 GB before it crashed the last time.

What could that be?

1 Message

January 3rd, 2019 22:00

like the normal backup, except that the savegrp is called and issues a request to nsrexecd on the client.  nsrexecd calls nsrdasv which loads the correct API for the database installed Lite blue

12 Posts

January 4th, 2019 06:00

Is there a firewall between the any of the components?

If yes, you might want to have a look at the TCP_KEEPALIVE settings on the firewall as well as on all servers.

1 Message

January 29th, 2019 21:00

like the normal backup, except that the savegrp is called and issues a request to nsrexecd on the client.  nsrexecd calls nsrdasv which loads the correct API for the database installed Lite blue

Thanks.Much appreciated.

0 Kudos

2 Posts

March 20th, 2019 05:00

I am unable to load Liteblue site in my dell chrome browser it's continuously crashing when I open more than 15 google chrome tabs.

1 Message

May 2nd, 2019 02:00

savegrp is called and issues a request to nsrexecd on the client. nsrexecd calls nsrdasv which loads the correct API for the database installed 

June 14th, 2019 12:00

First of all make sure that the user have the required permission to take the backups. After that check out the logs to find out what is causing the errors after the backup is initiated. The backup process is like the normal backup, except that the savegrp is called and issues a request to nsrexecd on the client. nsrexecd calls nsrdasv which loads the correct API for the database installed 

1 Message

August 20th, 2019 06:00

Is this fixed now? I have same issue and looking for help.

August 23rd, 2019 12:00

except that the savegrp is called and issues a request to nsrexecd on the client. nsrexecd calls nsrdasv which loads the correct API for the database installed

August 26th, 2019 04:00

It is same like any other normal backup process, when the savegrp is called it issues a request to nsrexecd on the client. nsrexecd will then call nsrdasv which loads the correct API for the database installed 

March 26th, 2020 23:00

anybody help to fix this issue. i am facing this issue. 

No Events found!