Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 11th, 2012 05:00

Unable to browse save sets from client config window

I am unable to browse the client's filesystem/savesets from the client configuration window.

(Error attached)

Have already tried the following

- deleting the nsr peer information from the server

- renaming nsrladb from the client and restarting networker but still keep getting the same error.

1 Attachment

155 Posts

June 11th, 2012 12:00

Try doing a DNS query with both client and server at both the ends, also hav a check of Host entries at client and server.

1.7K Posts

June 11th, 2012 23:00

Hi Fx8282,

Is this Windows or Unix?

If Windows, do you have NMM installed on that client?

If NMM installed this is normal.

Do you have Windows Firewall enabled?

If enabled either disabled Firewall, configure manually the exceptions in Windows Firewall for NetWorker client or uninstall the software and reinstall it by selecting "Configure Windows Firewall".

Besides ensure name resolution is correct as Suraj pointed out.

Check the daemon.log in client and server to find out what is going on, in case none of the above applies.

Thank you.

Carlos.

38 Posts

June 12th, 2012 21:00

@Carlos- We have about 100+ clients with various flavors of Unix and Windows.

All of them have the networker client alone installed. Some of them have modules installed but none have the one for MS apps.

@Suraj- dns resolution seems to be fine with the NMC server, backup server and clients all having entries in each others host files as well

20 Posts

June 13th, 2012 05:00

You get this error if strong auth is disabled and you are using old auth. Are there errors in the message log related to authentication?

38 Posts

June 14th, 2012 05:00

Hi Panwar,

Have tried that for one client from backup server already.

Let me know why I should delete it from the storage node???

79 Posts

June 14th, 2012 05:00

Hi,

Kindly delete nsr peer information from NW server,all the Storage nodes configured on the NW server and NW client. Then try to browse the client.

Regards

Panwar

155 Posts

June 14th, 2012 13:00

Try adding a new instance for the client whose savesets u r not able to browse, also let me know what is the version of your Client and Server. Was there any recent change done in your environment that has caused this issue?

Following are the possible reason for which we get the mentioned error:

1. Either there is peer information mismatch

2. Communication failure between Client and Server.

3. Client-Server Version Mismatch.

There might be something that is not known to me yet....

57 Posts

June 21st, 2012 03:00

Hi,

Kindly delete the nsr peer information from the backup server, the client in question and the NMC server and the try to browse the file system. If you have firewall and restricted the ports, ensure that you have enough number of ports opened.

HTH

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

June 30th, 2012 08:00

Just define it manually... the time and effort people spend on wizard problems does not stop to amaze me. You are way faster to define backup manually then using wizard (as it is really that simple... new client, save set, what group, what policy and click ok).

38 Posts

July 1st, 2012 23:00

Very well said mate.. Thats how its been for so long and thats how it is right now..

Its just a query a senior has raised and wants fixed for reason unknown

20 Posts

August 28th, 2012 04:00

All the suggestions given so far are good and effective depending on the situation. I would look however in a different direction. The error you received isn't a permissions error but a true connection error. I have seen this in several situations.

• Mismatch in authentication between client and server (already suggested above). You didn't say what version of Networker is on the client or the backup server. Networker Server =_____________, Client = ______________
  • Selinux Firewall, Windows Firewall Service or another application (including Anti-Virus) that acts a type of Firewall installed on client
  • A firewall in-between Server and client

Note: It is possible to backup and recover a clients files even though the ports Networker ports used for browsing in the GUI are blocked. Meaning I have clients that are running a firewall and rpcinfo fails partially. It doesn't return all the ports and the GUI cant be used to browse savesets nor run the software wizard yet backup and recoveries work.

Was there anything in the daemon log? There should be something.

Does rpcinfo -p "clientname" work from Backup server to client and does rpcinfo -p "backup server name" work from client to backup server? Does mminfo or nsrinfo return the history of backups taken previously? Is there a size listed for the saveset details on the Backup Server on the Media Tab under savesets and can they be browsed from there?

All the answers to these questions and those not answered above help to narrow down the possibilities.

2 Posts

March 24th, 2014 10:00

Hello,

I have the same probleme with networker 7.6.0

Client and servers are in 7.6.0 and 2 weeks ago it worked...

all backup work without error but i can't add a new client or browsing existing.

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

March 24th, 2014 12:00

julien-fr wrote:

I have the same probleme with networker 7.6.0

7.6.0????

2 Posts

March 24th, 2014 12:00

7.6.5.0 sorry

No Events found!