Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

July 11th, 2011 02:00

Update of Networker causing Remedy to fail

I'm a BMC Remedy technican in desperate need of you Networker gurus knowledge.

Environment

Networker 7.6.2

MS Windows 2008 R2 Standard 64-bit on MS Hyper-V environment

Backround

We are running multiple BMC Remedy AR-Servers. When installing a BMC Remedy AR-Server you can configure the software to register with portmapper, which we once did. If a portmapper is already present in the system Remedy will use that portmapper, otherwise Remedy will use its own portmapper.

Since Networker already was installed when Remedy was installed Networkers portmapper (don't know what it is called) was used by Remedy, which enables users connect to the system without having to specify the port number.

Problem

Last week Networker was updated (exactly what I don't know), but after the update the portmapping functionality no longer worked for Remedy, which caused the Remedy services not to start. We hade to disable Remedy to register with portmapper and then the services came up ok again.

It seem the portconfiguration Remedy made in Networkers portmapper has been disabled or was removed.

Now, is there any way to manually update the Networkers portmapper with the values used by Remedy again, and if so how? In other words, is there any user interface to the Networkes portmapper and where can I find info about this?

Many thanks in advance, very much appreciated!
Karl =)

334 Posts

July 11th, 2011 09:00

Hi khalleni- Moving this over to the support forum for additional help.

Thanks,

Allan

2.4K Posts

July 11th, 2011 10:00

The command you want to use is nsrports. You may change all connection ports and most of the service ports (except 7937 & 7938). However i doubt that this is really the problem. NW's portmapper functionality has been ported into the NW client code with NW 5? (more than 10 years ago).

When NW is updated, it uses the exact configuration as before - so the ports should not change.

14.3K Posts

July 29th, 2011 13:00

Hi Karl,

Check http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313621 and see if solution there can be applied to your case.

No Events found!