Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 16th, 2009 06:00

Upgrade from 7.3 SP3

Hi

I'm currently using Networker 7.3 SP3. Could someone please tell me the upgrade path to get this software up to the latest version?

I just started a new job here and Networker is all new to me.

Also, is there a way to manually run a full backup on a group? I had a backup fail and I could only figure out how to re-run the incremental, but I really wanted to run a full instead.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

96 Posts

October 18th, 2009 18:00

you wont have any issues going from v7.3.3 to v7.5.1, make sure your current o/s is supported etc, go through the release supp and install guide to understand what is new, changed and the known limitations etc.

savegrp -C
or
savegrp -l full

use -c to only run the group for a specific client
e.g
savegrp -c -C

79 Posts

October 19th, 2009 08:00

Hi,
There is an excellent document about the upgrade: Technical Guidance for Upgrades to EMC NetWorker 7.5 Technical Note P/N 300-008-997. You can find this at Powerlink.
Regards

Claudio

20 Posts

October 20th, 2009 09:00

Look for the NetWorker Procedure Generator.
Home > Support > Product and Diagnostic Tools > NetWorker Tools > NetWorker Procedure Generator
I found some errors and reported them.
What OS are you using?
I have upgraded NW 7.3.3 to 7.5.1 a month or so ago on Windows.

2K Posts

October 20th, 2009 19:00

The procedure generally is simple especially if it is a Windows environment. You start the setup.exe for the new version and it upgrades. For most other OS, you would need to remove the software and install the new version in the same folders as the earlier version.

You can also manually set a group level to full on NMC and start the group if you do not want to use the command line instead.

October 22nd, 2009 12:00

I want to thank everyone for their replies.

I'm reading through the EMC Networker tech manual, Ill try out the Networker Procedure Generator.

Message was edited by:
jlmalatesta

October 22nd, 2009 13:00

Once I go through with this upgrade...

Let's say a disaster strikes and my facility is unable to function. The backups needs to be able to be restored at another location.

Will upgrading my version of Networker effect the ability of my tapes being able to be used at another facility if they are using a different version (lower) of Networker?

I have to think of any contingencies.

thanks
No Events found!