Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 12th, 2014 09:00

Used Diskspace on adv_file Volumes incorrect?

Hello all,

we use Networker 7.6.5 with adv_file on a DataDomain. We are staging the old files to Tapes from the adv_file Volume on the DD.

In the GUI of Networker Media, Disk Volumes we get used space of 33 TB showed, but with Windows Explorer are only 1,7 TB used?

Please explain.

Best regards

AndreasVolume_DiskSpace.jpg

2.4K Posts

June 12th, 2014 11:00

I admit that it looks very confusing - especially because '%used' shows '0%'.

The reason is that there is no 'volume default capacity' value defined for a disk media. That's why "%used" does not exist any longer (NW 8.1.1.x) .. for disk media.

There are a lot issues. My advice: if you really want to know what is still on the media, look for the save sets as follows:

mminfo -q "volume=ALMAS.002" -r "client,name,level,savetime,ssid,totalsize" -xc, > file

Then import the result in a spreadsheet and summarize the values in the column 'totalsize' (in bytes).

PowerShell can help a lot.

Now do not forget to correctly calculate the value in "TB = bytes/1024/1000/1000/1000".

Then compare this value with the one from Windows.

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

June 12th, 2014 11:00

I second that - I'm currently decommissioning some aftd devices for DD Boost ones and I check on daily basis how former are going down in usage.  I use something like:

for volume in `nsrmm | sort | egrep '7149|7150|7151|7152' | grep -v Domain| awk '{print $3}'`;do echo "Volume $volume has utilization of `mminfo -avot -q volume=$volume -r written`";done

[in above example, I use egrep to identify storage nodes with devices]

No Events found!