Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 14th, 2015 01:00

WINDOWS ROLES AND FEATURES: ERROR

Hello!!!

Pls i keep having this error from networker 8 backuping from windows.. see errors

1/

WINDOWS ROLES AND FEATURES: ERROR: Failed to get writer xml file in pre save, writer=Registry Writer: There is not enough space on the disk. (Win32 error 0x80070070)

98193:save: Unable to save the SYSTEM STATE save sets: cannot add all the system state writers to the snapshot.

94693:save: The backup of save set 'D:\' failed.

ngepphc-artst01:D:\: retried 1 times.

2/ This one i can ping the machine but it keeps failing

Remote system error - Connection refused

ngepphc-apacl01:savefs: retried 1 times.

39 Posts

August 14th, 2015 05:00

1/ You should check free disk space on that client. It seems that you don't have enough free disk space for snapshot

2/ Is NetWorker runing on that client? Try "telnet ngepphc-apacl01 7937" if you have response...be sure that there is not a FW

1 Message

October 7th, 2015 08:00

I'm having this same issue, and this appears to be the only post about it.  Have you been able to resolve it?

Thanks,

Eric

2 Posts

June 9th, 2017 14:00

I am having the same error message on just one server. All the other files backup without issues on this server. It is just this message. Plenty of space on the drive.

Please is there any further update on this error message.

14.3K Posts

June 20th, 2017 05:00

If VSS reports that it has not enough space - it really might be like that.  Remember that VSS might need up to 30% of used capacity.  Next, on each drive you can define limit on how big VSS snapshot can be.  I believe by default it is unlimited, but that doesn't mean someone might not have changed it so make sure to check that one as well.

No Events found!