Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 3rd, 2009 14:00

exchange cluster reconfig from storage node to dedicated storage node

I have a clustered exchange solution which is saved normally through a "general" storage node. This is working properly. Here are some of the confiuration settings which may be helpful.....

backup command: nsrxchsv -a mailhost

Storage node: stn101 & nsrserverhost

recover storage node: stn101 & nsrserverhost

mailhost is a virtual, the physical cluster nodes are pr01 & pr02.

I would now like to route traffic through the dedicated storage node. This is a clustered environment. The client name is mailhost. I am in the process of creating dedicated stroage nodes on each cluster node (pr01 & pr02). Can I simply change the storage node entry from stn101 to mailhost? Will this work?  Thank you

Andy

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

December 5th, 2009 10:00

nsrphyhost is for cluster environment only. It means the active physical node.

I assume you are talking about curphyhost (was that changed to nsrphyhost??).  This is used for save operations... for read operation, for recover storage node for example, use currechost.

150 Posts

December 4th, 2009 00:00

Not sure for latest version but upto 7.3.4 we use to put nsrphyhost in storage node atribute for dedicated storage node.

150 Posts

December 4th, 2009 05:00

nsrphyhost is for cluster environment only. It means the active physical node.

150 Posts

You have marked the question answered but not allocate points for the answer. It motivates others to reply.

Thank you for the reply. That will certainly work for non clustered applications.

I have a 2 node active passive cluster. One physical node is active and the other physical node is passive at any given time. I would like to save the active node only and I do not have any failover control or notice. The configured client name is mailhost. The mailhost entry (rather than the physical) works for either node and will only back up the active node. I am looking to do the same for the dedicated storage node and I am not sure if this will work.

My appologies for my misunderstanding. I will try that. Thank you so much.

December 7th, 2009 06:00

Thank you for the reply. Curphyhost is the correct command. I used curphyhost for the recover storage node entry but did not test. I was not aware of the currechost command. Thank you for the assistance. Andy

150 Posts

December 9th, 2009 03:00

I apologized for the mistake. Since I had used it long back I written wrong command

December 9th, 2009 05:00

No appologies required! you pointed me in the right direction and that was extremely helpful. Thanks Again. Andy
No Events found!