Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 15th, 2006 20:00

<1>/data/mail ... what is <1>?

Was just concerned about the following:

01/15/06 19:06:31 nsrd: jupiter.loxinfo.co.th: <1>/data/mail saving to pool 'Full' (PK4884L1)

what does <1> mean?

Thanks

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

January 16th, 2006 00:00

Long time ago, at versions of NetWorker software which is no longer supported today (5.x), savesets were saved in chunks of 2GB (no matter how big it was). This size was determined by SS cut off size parameter. Each next chunk of the same save set (even they would have different ssid I think, but sequence could be determined by pssid) would be marked with where n would be number of previous chunk. So, if your /vol was 7GB you would have:
client: vol
client: <1>vol
client: <2>vol
client: <3>vol

... giving you 2GB+2GB+2GB+1GB (7GB).

Than since 6.x I think that changed (or 7.x? - it doesn't matter really). Now, savesets are no longer saved this way. However, old savesets - saved with older software, have this structure retained in media database. That is fine and no cause for concern. The only concern would be if you still have NetWorker client or module which still saves this in a same way (as such old versions are no longer supported).

January 16th, 2006 01:00

Hi hcrvelin,

Thanks for the response. It was helpful.

Kamal

1.1K Posts

January 16th, 2006 02:00

Some of the older modules are still supported - I would suggest checking the compatibility guide if you are running some older software to verify whether or not it is still officially supported. Module software may be specific to certain versions of applications so it is worth also checking this before deciding to upgrade!

It is possible to change the default segment size of 2000MB in the server resource (if I remember rightly!) but there is no reason for you to change this - it will not affect performance or give you any benefits - the only time I have ever changed this was with a Netware issue!
No Events found!