Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 21st, 2014 05:00

nsrsnap. The system cannot find file specified

Hi ,

I have a problem when trying to backup SQLServer instance. I have NWServ 7.6.5 , NWClient 8.1, nmm 3.0

I need to backup instance.

The client setting for MSSQL Instance:

1. SaveSet MSSQL$CRE:

2. SaveSet MBT: MSSQL$CRE:

3. Backup Command: nsrsqlsv -U user -P password    . UserType:SQL Server User , dbcreator, public,sysadmin.

4. Application Inf: NSR_IGNORE_MISSING_SYSTEM_FILES=yes

As result I have an error message for this client:

1 retry attempted

Cannot run nsrsnap: The system cannot find the file specified. (Win32 error 0x2)

Thank you for your time

1.7K Posts

May 21st, 2014 06:00

Hi Godz,

This is because you added a client using VDI backup (nsrsqlsv.exe) into a group running snapshot type backups.

Check the group properties and either uncheck the box for snapshot backup or create a new group without that option checked.

Thank you,

Carlos

30 Posts

May 21st, 2014 06:00

Thank you very much Carlos

July 8th, 2016 02:00

Hi godz ,

and also check that you should have permissions in SQL database to take it backup thorough Networker module

15 Posts

September 17th, 2020 02:00

Hi Sandeep,

i have the same problem, sql 2014 backup getting failed, with the error "cannt run nsrsqlsv: No such file or directory.

Actually there was minor issue, our Datacenter shut down for some reason now back on fine my data back up and other sql backup is working, only one cluster is creating issue.

can you help ? with it ?

Networker version 9.1.1.5 and sql client agent version 9.0.1.0 Nmm version 9.0.0.8

Please advice

Rajeesh

No Events found!