Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 3rd, 2018 04:00

vProxy connection fails

Hello,

In networker 9.1.1.5 with v Proxy 2.0.2-36_1, sometimes (every few days/weeks) we encounter strange problem when backing up VMs from VMWare environment. The backup suddenly fails - sometimes during backup, sometimes backup can't even start. On next day in the morning when started manually or later by schedule, everything works again.

In logs I see these entries:

Unable to start backup on vProxy 'vproxy.hostname.domain.com': libCURL: function "curl_easy_perform" returned error 7: "Failed connect to vproxy.hostname.domain.com; No error"

or

vProxyHostname: Unable to obtain backup status from vProxy after 5 attempts, failing the backup: Received an HTTP code: 404, libCURL message: "", vProxy message: "Error received from vProxy ="-404: Resource not found: cbd123a0-dd47-4c36-9e3d-128daec349d2". ", url: "https://vproxy.hostname.domain.com:9090/api/v1/BackupVmSessions/cbd123a0-dd47-4c36-9e3d-128daec349d2", body: " ".

I know that when this happens, vProxy is running and accessible through network (ssh connect). I've tried to run backup manually when this happened and it didn't work. On next day in the morning, I was able to run it. I've tried to redeploy vProxy, but again it happens every few days.

Any help or ideas are appreciated.

2.4K Posts

April 3rd, 2018 10:00

We just had a similar case although it was a standard backup client.

As it finally turned out a firewall rule cut the connection after some minutes. And because of that no NW member had the chance to ever send/receive a proper error message. Therefore 'No error'.

After they increased the connection timeout between client and server/snode the situation did not change at all.

Finally we really deeply explained how the backups work and guess what - they have forgotten to also extend the timeout for the client/DD connection. They applied the same change here and ... bingo - no problems since then.

It is at least worth to verify your network/firewall timeout settings.

10 Posts

April 4th, 2018 22:00

Hello Bingo,

thanks for tip. Sadly, In my case, there are no firewalls between the devices that could affect it.

10 Posts

April 12th, 2018 00:00

Hello again,

I've added static dns records to hosts file on networker server and it seems it resolved the issue. At least for the time being. It's funny, we've never had issues with our DNS servers.

No Events found!