Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 5th, 2019 00:00

Configuring Vlan

Hi. I have difficulty to understand basic VLAN configs. For example when Im configuring Vlan on my 8132 switch, I have VLAN1 and ports 1-10 are marked as U - untagged. Under VLAN8 same ports can be set to T, U or F. If I set same ports under different Vlan lets say as F. What does that means? To which vlan does the port belong at that case? Also when Im checking port setting I can manually set up that port to be member of Vlan1 or Vlan8, but Im interested when Im setting from "VLAN Memebership" page how does it works in that case? Thanks

• 

8.5K Posts

August 6th, 2019 07:00

VLAN 1 is the default VLAN, so everything by default is a member. If a port has tagged VLANs it can be members of multiple VLANs and can pass traffic for all of them.

• 

8.5K Posts

August 5th, 2019 09:00

6 Posts

August 5th, 2019 17:00

Yes I understood that. The PowerConnect 8132 was preconfigured by someone prior me, I need to make some changes but have difficulty to understand next:

When I go to Web Management\Switching\Vlan\Vlan Membership and I choose vlan from list, it shows which ports are set for this vlan right? And then I noticed if I switch on to different vlan, same ports are set for this vlan as well.

So for example VLAN1: shows ports 1-5 are set U-Untaged. VLAN10: shows port 2-3 are set to T-tagged. VLAN20: shows port 3 and 4 are set to F- forbidden.

When Im checking individually ports 2 and 3 from WebManagement\Switching\Vlan\Port settings\ it shows they are assigned to vlan1. 

So what all this means? I cant understand which one is correct information? To which Vlan the ports belong?

6 Posts

August 5th, 2019 18:00

Vlans in Main Switch.JPG

When Im checking from CLI it shows some ports are member of few vlans. Hows that works?

No Events found!