Start a Conversation

Unsolved

TH

1 Message

November 8th, 2018 19:00

Migrate from Dell PC 8024F 10GBe switch to Dell S4048 (ON)

Good afternoon, We are migrating as listed above - for our SAN switches and im wondering if there is any issues or caveats I need to look out for? We have a LAG group and 4 VLANs - nothing over the top - just wondering if anyone had issues in the past etc. Thanks!

117 Posts

November 12th, 2018 06:00

Sounds pretty straight forward.  Essentially you're going from the older PowerConnect line to the Force10 line.  We have essentially done the same thing over time.  The S-series switches are great.  That said, the CLI on the S-series is quite different from the PowerConnect, but nothing too crazy.  I'm not sure what storage devices you have, but there are decent papers out there that can help with switch configuration for storage - https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln310825/switch-configuration-guides-for-sc-series-or-ps-series-sans?lang=en

Also from OS9 to OS10 there are some pretty big changes.  I'd recommend just staying with the latest OS9 for the S4048 for now.  Not sure what it shipped with.  But either way, doing VLANs and LAGs with it is easy.  For DNOS9, you essentially add ports to vlans instead of the other way around.  LAG is also pretty easy to configure.  Let me know if there are specific questions.

No Events found!