Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 13th, 2011 10:00

PC 6224 Stack not performing well

Hi,

I just installed 3 PC 6224's in a stack configuration. Now when I look at the port configuration it shows some of the ports running at half duplex and some running at full duplex and others it shows as being down.

Is there something I am missing? What other information is needed to get me going at full speed?

65 Posts

July 14th, 2011 12:00

What is connected to these ports? Some printers (Especialy older ones) work at half duplex, also, some people will force their port speed on servers and workstations. All ports should be set to AUTO on both the switch and workstations.

2 Posts

July 15th, 2011 05:00

There are multiple PC's and other devices connected to these ports.

The x/g1 and 2 ports report a half duplex mode. Can I change this to Full Duplex?

65 Posts

July 15th, 2011 09:00

You can try changing the advertisements, I would not force the port speed though unless you also force it on the client workstation or else you will do more bad than good. Be sure to check the charts on the switch for etherlike failures, etc.

If it is GB Ethernet connections never force the port speed as you will have issues, just change the advertisements to only advertise 1GB FD.

No Events found!