Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

September 20th, 2018 09:00

Set MTU on stacking ports Dell Force MXL-10/40GbE switch ?

Hello,

I have a stack of 2 switch  MXL-10/40GbE and I'm encountering some issues on the mtu. I can see packets drops when I'm trying to send ping with a mtu >=1500 from a machine connected to this stack.

I was wondering how we can increase the MTU on the stacking ports which are right now 0/37 and 1/37

I can't see the interfaces 0/37 or 1/37 when doing a show running-config, even when the switch are in stand alone.

So I was wondering if it was possible to jumbo frame the stacking ports ?

Thanks a lot !

117 Posts

September 20th, 2018 11:00

I have a couple MXL stacks set up for jumbo frames and do not recall ever setting a parameter for MTU on the stack ports themselves.  Can you verify you are stacking with the 40Gb QSFP ports and not the 10G SFP+ ports?  Also, we had a bit of an issue, because most DELL switches use MTU of 9216 for the standard "Jumbo" size, however this bit us in the rear because for some reason the MXL needs the MTU set for 12000 on the interfaces for jumbo frames, not 9216.  So you may want to check that.  Hope it helps.

2 Posts

September 24th, 2018 07:00

Hi :)

Thank you for the reply.

So yeah actually I didn't need to set the MTU on the stack ports. I'm indeed stacking with the 40Gb GSFP ports.

After putting the MTU on the tenGb interfaces themselves and not only in the port-channel interfaces, it kind of worked.

No Events found!