Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 6th, 2016 12:00

Setting vlan MTUs on x1052

I am sorry if I am making a very newby-ish error here, but I can't find anywhere in the GUI or in the command line where one can set the MTUs on a vlan on the x1052.  As a matter of fact I can't find a command-line guide at all for the x1000s and the user guide doesn't mention MTU.

Is there any resource I can be pointed to on this?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 7th, 2016 08:00

The X-series switches are intended to be managed through the GUI. This means you will find a very limited amount of commands. On the X-series switch the larger MTU is referred to as Jumbo frames.

"Jumbo frames are frames of up to 10 Kb in size. If jumbo frames are not

enabled, the system supports a packet size of up to 2K bytes.

To enable jumbo frames:

1 Click Network Administration > Ports Settings > Jumbo Frames. The current jumbo frames setting is displayed.

2 To enable/disable jumbo frames, click Edit.

NOTE: You must save the configuration and reboot the device in order to make

jumbo frames operational."

Jumbo frames is enabled per port, and not via the VLAN. If a port has jumbo frames enabled, it will be enabled for all traffic on the port.

August 30th, 2017 16:00

Is there a reason I cannot enable jumbo frames on this very screen? The option enable is missing entirely along with the radio button to select.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 31st, 2017 07:00

You should see a small "edit" button that can be clicked. It is on the right hand side of the screen. Then you should see the option to enable jumbo frames. Can you take a screen shot of the page you are presented with?

September 1st, 2017 18:00

Okay, enabled and rebooted. Do I need to configure ports for this now? Guide says no?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 5th, 2017 06:00

This is a global configuration, no need to also configure the interfaces.

March 7th, 2024 13:22

Can you set the actual MTU how do I match it to the MTU of my Dell N3248PXE-ON

No Events found!