Start a Conversation

Unsolved

MJ

7 Posts

December 18th, 2019 22:00

Urgent: How do I change IP address on N4000 Series switch?

Hello,

In just a few hours I will be relocating a server, a SAN (EqualLogic PS6210E), and SAN switch (N4000 series) from a lab into a datacenter, and as a result, the IP address of the switch will need to be changed.  I have a serial connection to the switch, I think.  What commands do I need to enter to change the IP address?  Will there also be a subnet mask and default gateway that I need to change, or does that not apply to a switch?

December 19th, 2019 06:00

Hi, I am in the process of moving some hardware from a lab environment into a datacenter.  I have a N4032F switch that I need to connect to via its RJ45-to-serial connection.  I use Putty and select serial connection, but when the console window opens up, nothing happens no matter what keys I press.  Is there something I'm not doing right?  I'm in a bind right now, because I need to set the new IP address for the switch, but I cannot access its configuration.  I'd appreciate any advice.  Thanks!

• 

8.5K Posts

December 19th, 2019 12:00

MadDog Jim,

You can find the commands needed to configure the IP at the top of the page here.

Let me know if this helps.

No Events found!