VLANs across two X1026/X1052s

Hi, everyone.

I have found some similar posts related to my question, but none of which have been solved. I therefore try a post of my own.

I am struggling with VLAN-traffic other than VLAN 1 to be sent between two X1026/X1052s. Devices connected directly to either switch, belonging to different VLANs can communicate fine, but nothing is sent between the switches. The ports not belonging to VLAN 1 has WiFi APs connected to them. VLAN ID 2 is management network (untagged on ingress and egress), VLAN 4001-4003 is related to SSIDs.

My setup is this:

X1026:
Ports 1-20: Default VLAN (1). Access mode.
Ports 21-23: PVID 2, VLAN 2(U) + 4001-4003(T). General mode.
Port 24: Trunk

X1052:
Ports 1-44: Default VLAN(1). Access mode.
Ports 45-47: PVID 2, VLAN 2(U) + 4001-4003(T). General mode.
Port 48: Trunk

As the controller/router is connected to X1026, the access points connected to it works fine. But, as said, the problem is, packets != VLAN 1 is not sent across. Can anyone suggest what is wrong? Any suggestion is appreciated. I'm out of options.

Regards,
Chocolate Eater

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: VLANs across two X1026/X1052s

Hi,

What is configured as the default gateway? It sounds like the traffic doesn’t know that it is supposed to go to the other switch.

Thanks,
Josh Craig
Dell EMC Enterprise Support Services
Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPRO
0 Kudos

Hi, Josh. Could you please elaborate? I guess you don’t mean L3 Default Gateway. Do you mean static entries in the adresse table? I have tried defining APs on the 1052 in the 1026 address table, that didn’t cut it. Funny thing, though. I tried connecting the switches using a dedicated port for trunking (with general mode) of the VLAN traffic, in addition to a port for VLAN 1 traffic. In the address table on the 1026 I could see the MAC of the interfacing port on the 1052, but not vice versa. Then I reverted to using one port for all trunking, as is the current configuration.

0 Kudos

Hi, Josh. Do you have time and possibility to help me out a bit? Best regards Chocolate Eater
0 Kudos

Sorry, I didn’t see your previous reply. Are the switches in layer 2 or layer2 + mode? Can you private message me the service tag?

Thanks,
Josh Craig
Dell EMC Enterprise Support Services
Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPRO
0 Kudos

Hi, Josh. I am kind of embarrased, now. I had only used the web interface until I in frustration decided to log on to the CLI. I then noticed that one of the ports was fluctuating rapidly between link and no link. I hadn't noticed on the LEDs on the port since it was so rapid. And so it turns out there was a cabling problem. When fixed, the communications all of a sudden went without any hickups at all. But thanks for engaging in the case. Much appreciated 🙂
0 Kudos