Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 29th, 2011 08:00

Activate Bluetooth Using Wireless Switch??

Hello. Mine is Inspiron  N5030 Laptop(New). When i try to install Blue tooth driver it asks me "Activate Bluetooth Using Wireless Switch" . I tried to press f2 & fn+f2. But no changes. I went to BIOS and Everything was enabled and proper. How do i get rid of this problem?Please help me!!!

April 1st, 2011 07:00

Meanwile: Problem solved

The problem was not the bios but the new Windows installation that used the wrong device.
Directly running the R273948.exe driver from Dell did not solve the problem 

I performed these steps:

1. Verified  that Bluetooth is turned on in the bios

2. Removed  the generic bluetooth device in Device Manager

3. Manually Added the appropriate bluetooth device in device manager  (for me this was dell bluetooth 365 module)

4. Ran  the update "setupbluetoothDFu in the unpacked  R273948 driver

5. Installed the driver R273948

Worked for me.  (Dell N5010 Wind wows 7 64 Premium bios version A12 )

Good luck

Luc M

March 30th, 2011 08:00

I have the same problem on new N5010.

The problem started probably  after bios update to version 12.

I can 't go back to a previous version of bios.  The bios update software refuses it.  Wich BIOS version do you have/use?

I tried new drivers, searching for hours for different solutions. Nothing works, even a complete new install of  the OS. (Windows 7 -64bit)

7 Posts

March 31st, 2011 00:00

My BIOS version is Dell Inc. A02.

7 Posts

April 1st, 2011 17:00

I dont have any option called Generic Bluetooth Device. And When i try to Install Dell Wireless WLAN, it says "No Compatible Hardware found. The software you are attempting to install is not supportes on this sytem. The software will not be installed. Setup Will exit now." I installed this driver from Dell DVD that comes with laptop.

7 Posts

April 1st, 2011 17:00

please tell me guys whether Inspiron n5030 comes with bluetooth or is Bluetooth available in this laptop?

April 2nd, 2011 03:00

wlan <> bluetooth

Login at dell with your servicetag 

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

You should see you configuration and drivers for your notebook

grtz

Luc

7 Posts

April 2nd, 2011 04:00

That means i have bluetooth hardware in my system. I tried Loging into Dell with my Service tag. I tried downloading my driver from website. But no changes. Now i cant install DW WLAN driver,Bluetooth and Webcam!! I installed Webcam centre but i get message that Webcam driver is not installed.

7 Posts

April 2nd, 2011 06:00

I got my problem solved. i contacted dell, they said my lap didnt come with bluetooth hardware!!

2 Posts

January 3rd, 2012 09:00

hello! I had the same problem until several minutes ago :D
I'm running win7 home on dell inspiron n5110
I googled and saw that many people had the problem... search your pc for a device manager -> network adapters
 I have an intel centrino wireless-N 1030 there...so I googled and installed a driver for intel centrino wireless-N 1030
because the dell inspiron bluetooth v3.0+HS or something didn't work, had your error
so..I downloaded it from the dell support site, and had to uninstall some previous versions which I did from the control panel screen
and so I installed it nicely, and now it works :))
anyway, I think the problem is getting the right driver
even the driver from the CD I got with the laptop was the wrong one <.< 

anyhow works now :))

please share this so people can solve the problem, too...I hope it works for others :D

6 Posts

September 22nd, 2012 23:00

hello! I had the same problem until several minutes ago :D
I'm running win7 home on dell inspiron n5110
I googled and saw that many people had the problem... search your pc for a device manager -> network adapters
 I have an intel centrino wireless-N 1030 there...so I googled and installed a driver for intel centrino wireless-N 1030
because the dell inspiron bluetooth v3.0+HS or something didn't work, had your error
so..I downloaded it from the dell support site, and had to uninstall some previous versions which I did from the control panel screen
and so I installed it nicely, and now it works :))
anyway, I think the problem is getting the right driver
even the driver from the CD I got with the laptop was the wrong one <.< 

anyhow works now :))

please share this so people can solve the problem, too...I hope it works for others :D

Hello,

I'm having the same problem here. Mine is Dell Inspirion N5010. I have tried all the above but still having the same problem. Do i need to reinstall another OS 7 maybe it is OS problem. Please, help me.

3 Posts

October 1st, 2012 01:00

I was facing the same problem with Inspiron N5050.

Then I used the following steps to resolved this issue.

1. To find your system configuration click here.

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/DriversHome/NeedProductSelection?~srd=true&sk=driver&scat=sup

2. Enter you service tag or click on option "Automatically detect my Service Tag for me" and then click submit.

3. Click on Product support tab.

4. Click on System Configuration.

5. Click on components.

6. In order to find your wireless card number press Ctrl + F

7. In Find Tab write " Wireless"

8. This will highlight any word(s) for Wireless

9. Look for anything like this "Card, Wireless, Half Mini-Card, DW1703, World Wide".

10. DW1703 is driver for my wireless Switch. Yours might be different.  

11. Copy this "DW1703" and search it on www.dell.com

12. Click on driver to download it and install it.

13. Restart you system.

Hopefully this will work for you.

6 Posts

October 17th, 2012 03:00

Hello syedshah,

Thanks for your mail but i am still having the same issue. The problem is that i did not see any wireless switch number when i searched.

Another problem i just encountered is that I just formatted my Dell Inspirion N5010 last week due to this bluetooth issue. Ever since then, I have not been able to connect to my office wireless network.

I was using this network before my system was formatted. one funny thing is that i can connect to other wireless network in range but find it difficult to connect to my office network. I always get limited network access while other people in the same office have access to the network.

Please what could be the problem?

Here is my system specs if there is anything check you can run on my behalf.

My Service Tag:

dell inspirion n5010: windows 7 64bit

Intel(R) Core(Tm) i3 CPU   M350@ 2.27GHz  2.26GHZ

Thank you

3 Posts

October 17th, 2012 15:00

Hi,
1. By looking at your system configuration I found that you have following wireless switch installed.
Try to install drivers from following link and let me know if this works.
2. You can't access your office wireless can be of following.
     a) No security (anti-virus) software is installed. If installed, needs updates.
     b) Windows is not up to date. Install windows updates and restart you computer.
Do above two actions and see if this works.
Thanks,
Syed

6 Posts

October 18th, 2012 07:00

Thanks for your help.  but the problem is still there.

1. I have tried to download and install drivers from the link you gave but the what i got is "The Software package cannot be installed on your system, The setup application will exit". INTEL_INTEL--R--WIMAX-LINK-6_A00_R257148

another one R243815 "The installation must be installed using the Intel (R) PROset/Wireless Installer".

Another one R273872 " The Self extracting zip file is part of a multitude zip file. Please insert the Latest disk of the set".

2. I have just downloaded and installed Avast Internet security 7. I have also update my windows.

One funny thing is that i was able to use it for 3 hours today before i started getting limited access again.

Please, what can i do again?

Thank you

2 Posts

February 4th, 2013 09:00

I faced the same Problem...but its nothing related to the bluetooth not present in the system. Please follow the following steps to solve the poblem.

1. Download the bluetooth drriver from the dell site according to the system Tag.

2. Before installing check the mandatory checks  a) See in BIOS whether Bluetooth is enabled or not. b) Go to services and right click on the bluetooth support services and click on properties. Change from manual to automatic.

3. Install the downloaded driver. It will work fine.

Note:      Many times the bluetooth software will vanish from the system, don't panic ....one day will come it will stop doing that. It happened to me lot of            times.Now its not happening.

No Events found!