Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

27 Posts

January 28th, 2023 00:00

Bluetooth doesn't work on new-to-me E6430 with i7QM

Latitude E6430

Latitude E6430

Has anyone figured out how to get bluetooth working on the Latitude E6430s with windows 10 Pro?

It came with a Verizon wireless card as well as the wifi card (which works fine). When I try to download bluetooth drivers from Dell support it tells me the driver isn't compatible with my system, but doesn't say why (?)

I'm not using the Verizon card, and I got to wondering if it was the reason, the bluetooth drivers won't install. 

Should I pull the Verizon card and try to install the bluetooth drivers again, or is it something else and I am just outof luck?

Would really like to be able to connect with my UE Boom speaker to play music, but windows just doesn't see it or my bluetooth headphones. And there is no Bluetooth entry in Device Manager. The wireless card is a Dell 1540.

Answers? Opinions? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance for replies!

2 Intern

• 

278 Posts

February 17th, 2023 22:00

It's possible that the Verizon wireless card is conflicting with the Bluetooth driver installation. You can try disabling the Verizon wireless card in Device Manager and then installing the Bluetooth drivers again.

Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Press the Windows key + X on your keyboard and select "Device Manager."
  2. Look for the Verizon wireless card under "Network adapters" and right-click on it.
  3. Select "Disable device" from the context menu.
  4. Try installing the Bluetooth drivers again.

If this doesn't work, you can also try updating your chipset drivers, as sometimes outdated chipset drivers can cause Bluetooth issues. You can download the latest chipset drivers for your Latitude E6430s from the Dell support website.

If none of these steps work, it's possible that your Bluetooth hardware is not working properly, in which case you may need to contact Dell support for further assistance.

27 Posts

February 18th, 2023 11:00

I uninstalled and removed the Verizon card since I don't use WWAN and updated chipset. While I had the bottom open I discovered I do not have a 380 bluetooth card inside.

So I uninstalled the 1540 Network card and installed a Dell 5K9GJ  aka Intel Advanced-N 6235ANHMW with BT 4.0. Installed all the correct drivers and now I have Bluetooth in Device Manager.

BUT the bluetooth won't connect to anything except the Dell Control Vault. It will pair with my Bluetooth speaker and Bluetooth headphones, but it won't connect and stream audio. Turns out the laptop is broadcasting it's presence over bluetooth now, but just the Dell Control Vault, and it appears to be some sort of bluetooth security "feature". The audio devices show up in Device Manager as paired bluetooth devices, but not under audio or sound. 

Haven't been able to cut the feature off. Ideas?

No Events found!