Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

March 15th, 2014 16:00

Bluetooth driver seem not working for windows 8.1 version

I what can I do to fixed that problem for Bluetooth driver? my model is inspiron 3521

904 Posts

March 15th, 2014 19:00

Hi MACAWSLOVER,

Since you have not specified any details ...

Did it work in windows 8 ?

Which version of Driver are you trying to install ? did you try the one below ?

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/in/en/indhs1/DriverDetails/Product/inspiron-15-3521?driverId=W9F25&osCode=W864&fileId=3317556689&languageCode=en&categoryId=NI

What happens when you try to install the above driver ? does the driver fail to load ? or does the driver fail to start the device ?

11 Posts

March 17th, 2014 18:00

Yes.  it worked in window 8.  then when it update for 8.1 then  the bluetooth start fails driver.  I am like what?!!! I don't understand what was happening.  I'm deaf myself i used bluetooth mini phone to connected it and it was work for window 8 .  I was able to hear the phone on it loud enough for me to hear.  I wanted to be able to use it. so thank you for the link..  i was searching for the drivers for the bluetooth to fixed my problems. and i'm kind of glad you post a link for me. so thank you. again.  i will let you know if I find any problem and I will let you know. 

11 Posts

March 18th, 2014 15:00

Do I have to download for both these that you gave me link to dowload to fixed but i am bit confused. which one should i download?

11 Posts

March 18th, 2014 17:00

well... It does not seem to be working after I am installed but still not working properly.  so I'm not going to worry about it.  I'm giving up.  It's not worth of trying to fix the problem.  Thanks for trying. :emotion-6:

11 Posts

March 18th, 2014 17:00

Hello.  I tried to download a bluetooth driver and I have selected the first one and does not seem to be fixed so now i'm trying for second selectives. I'm hoping if fixed for me. if not then I will email you asap.

904 Posts

March 19th, 2014 06:00

well... It does not seem to be working after I am installed but still not working properly.  so I'm not going to worry about it.  I'm giving up.  It's not worth of trying to fix the problem.  Thanks for trying. :emotion-6:

I don't think we should give up just yet .... Do you know which Dell Wireless card you should be having ? Can you try with the below driver ?

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/DriverDetails/Product/inspiron-15-3521?driverId=0WD12&osCode=W864&fileId=3196315933&languageCode=en&categoryId=NI

Download the first one ... the second is an update for Microsoft stored drivers for this card....

11 Posts

March 19th, 2014 13:00

I will give you the name of the driver. 

Print
Hardware and Devices
Publisher details
Issues found
Bluetooth Audio Device has a driver problem
There is a problem with the driver for Bluetooth Audio Device. The driver needs to be reinstalled.
Not fixed
Not Fixed
Reinstall device driver
Completed
Virtual Bluetooth Support (Include Audio) has a driver problem
There is a problem with the driver for Virtual Bluetooth Support (Include Audio). The driver needs to be reinstalled.
Not fixed
Not Fixed
Reinstall device driver
Completed
Bluetooth LWFLT Device has a driver problem
There is a problem with the driver for Bluetooth LWFLT Device. The driver needs to be reinstalled.
Not fixed
Not Fixed
Reinstall device driver
Completed
Hardware changes might not have been detected
Detected
Detected
Scan for recent hardware changes
Completed
Potential issues that were checked
Windows Update configured to never install drivers
Driver updates aren't automatically installed when detected by Windows Update.
Issue not present
Issues found
Detection details
Not fixed
Not Fixed
There is a problem with the driver for Bluetooth Audio Device. The driver needs to be reinstalled.
Informational
Device information
Name: Bluetooth Audio Device
ID: BTHENUM\{61118058-486C-4BB0-B4B8-ACE4DCADEC44}_LOCALMFG&0000\8&B5E5AF2&0&000000000000_00000000
Error code: 10
Reinstall device driver
Completed
There is a problem with the driver for Bluetooth Audio Device. Reinstalling the driver might fix this problem.
Not fixed
Not Fixed
There is a problem with the driver for Virtual Bluetooth Support (Include Audio). The driver needs to be reinstalled.
Informational
Device information
Name: Virtual Bluetooth Support (Include Audio)
ID: BTHENUM\{CBECAB40-A2C8-4AB3-ADC1-DE0FE95D8600}_LOCALMFG&0000\8&B5E5AF2&0&000000000000_00000000
Error code: 31
Reinstall device driver
Completed
There is a problem with the driver for Virtual Bluetooth Support (Include Audio). Reinstalling the driver might fix this problem.
Not fixed
Not Fixed
There is a problem with the driver for Bluetooth LWFLT Device. The driver needs to be reinstalled.
Informational
Device information
Name: Bluetooth LWFLT Device
ID: BTHENUM\{DD533152-01F4-435C-ABFE-984BC21A2A65}_LOCALMFG&0000\8&B5E5AF2&0&000000000000_00000000
Error code: 31
Reinstall device driver
Completed
There is a problem with the driver for Bluetooth LWFLT Device. Reinstalling the driver might fix this problem.
Detected
Detected
Scan for recent hardware changes
Completed
Scanning might find new devices attached to your computer and install them.
Potential issues that were checked
Detection details
Issue not present
Driver updates aren't automatically installed when detected by Windows Update.
Detection details
Expand
Collection information
Computer Name: WILSON
Windows Version:
Architecture:
x64
Time:
Wednesday, March 19, 2014 3:21:44 PM
Publisher details
Expand
Hardware and Devices
Find and fix problems with devices and hardware.
Package Version:
Publisher:
Microsoft Windows
Hardware and Devices
Find and fix problems with devices and hardware.
Package Version:
Publisher:
Microsoft Corporation

904 Posts

March 19th, 2014 17:00

Well the above only gives the information about the driver and not the card, you could to support.dell.com enter your service tag, click on specifications and search for the Dell wireless card, the model would be specified there ... 

11 Posts

March 19th, 2014 17:00

oh ok.  cool how will i know the service tag where do I find it? 

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

March 20th, 2014 08:00

1 Message

March 30th, 2014 01:00

hello in my dell inspiron17 also i see a yellow tab next to bluetooth audio device.

what can i do?

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

March 30th, 2014 06:00

hello in my dell inspiron17 also i see a yellow tab next to bluetooth audio device.

what can i do?

Please provide the hardware IDs of the network adapter so I can determine if it is an Broadcom, Atheros or Intel adapter:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/downloading-drivers-checking-hardware-ids-and-downloading-and-installing-dell-system-drivers-in-the-correct-order/checking-hardware-ids-in-the-device-manager/

Also Windows 7 or 8.1 and what Inspiron 17? There are a few:

11 Posts

April 23rd, 2014 18:00

I did tried to use the service tag. I still having problem with the bluetooth.  so I think the bluetooth driver seem to be broken. so far I have not use it on my laptop.  i mostly use the bluethooth on tablet from kindle fire. I wish it work on laptop.  This is my only options i can use bluetooth on kindle fire

1 Message

July 5th, 2014 15:00

I had the same problem after updating o Win8.1 I ran the Bluetooth Setup.exe file found in the Bluetooth folder and the problem disappeared

9 Posts

July 7th, 2014 03:00

well done.........

No Events found!