Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 29th, 2013 15:00

Bluetooth not working in Windows 8.1 for Studio XPS 1645

I updated to windows 8.1 and Bluetooth was mysteriously gone. When i try and install my old win7 drivers, it comes up with compatibility issues, even if I set compatibility to vista, xp OR 7.

2 Posts

August 5th, 2015 20:00

I have the same problem and solved it with this driver. It work for win 10 on my DELL XPS 1645 - Dell Wireless 370 Bluetooth Mini-card.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds031999

4 Operator

• 

2K Posts

October 30th, 2013 02:00

Hi kjfitz17,

Dell studio XPS 1645 is not tested under windows 8 and windows 8.1 environments and hence there are no drivers launched. You have already tried running the drivers in compatibility mode so the only option is to go back to windows 7 operating system.

Alternatively you may also want to try searching for the drivers manually using the Hardware ID. To detect the hardware ID you may follow the below steps:

(1)   Click on start.

(2)   Type device manager in the search box and hit enter.

(3)   In the device manager screen, detect existing Bluetooth card and right click on it then select properties.

(4)   Move to details tab and select Hardware Ids from the drop down.

(5)   The longest digit that you find is hardware ID.

If you have any other questions do reply to the same thread.

5 Posts

October 30th, 2013 07:00

the hardware does not appear in device manager at all. only my wifi and my Ethernet.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

October 30th, 2013 08:00

Run the Broadcom Bluetooth Update: http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php

5 Posts

October 30th, 2013 08:00

tried that, it does not recognize any Bluetooth device. My BIOS says it is turned on though.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

October 30th, 2013 10:00

Disable the Bluetooth in the BIOS setup and load Windows 8.1.

Then power down your computer an re-enable it. Do you now get the Bluetooth back?

5 Posts

October 30th, 2013 12:00

no, still nothing in the device manager

4 Operator

• 

2K Posts

November 6th, 2013 09:00

Hi kjfitz17,

Apologies for the delayed response. Request you to send me the system service tag via private message along with a screenshot of the device manager (all options expanded). I will check and see what can be done.

To send a private message, click on my user name and select send message.

2 Posts

March 29th, 2014 19:00

Every device is working well but the bluetooth is not recognized.

2 Posts

March 29th, 2014 19:00

Hi DELL-KIRAN K ,

I have the same problem with my dell xps l401. I have recently upgraded to windows 8.1. Device is working well but the bluetooth device is not recognized. I could not find any driver which can be matched to my device in windows 8.1; furtheremore, the device is not even displayed in the device manager. It is enabled in BIOS (A06). What should  I do. please help.

1 Message

August 22nd, 2015 11:00

Thanks man. You're the best. 

I had the same problem and the blue tooth device didn't show anywhere not in device manager or trouble shooting hardware issues, or even installing dell's braodcomm blue tooth drivers. but after installing the blue tooth driver from the above link, it works.

Really appreciate it

No Events found!