Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 1st, 2016 11:00

Bluetooth setting missing in Windows 10

Hi,

I was using my bluetooth speakers as usual and had to turn off bluetooth for a bit and I don't know how but bluetooth just went missing from everywhere :(

I can't connect to the speakers any more although I can still use a bluetooth mouse. I researched this problem and did most of the stuff people said.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and finally am able to see the bluetooth in device manager but there is an exclamation mark on it and the error is

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

I have a DELL XPS 12 laptop

Can anyone please help me with the problem? I have rather new-ish speakers and they are just sitting silently in the house :(

1.8K Posts

January 4th, 2016 14:00

Hi,

Do you know what version of the bluetooth driver is currently on the system that has the exclamation point next to it?    Have you tried removing that driver (within Device Manager), restarting the system and seeing if Windows can install a native driver?  That may work better for you.

You said that you have tried "most of the stuff that people said" but can you give us an idea (other than reinstalling drivers) what you've tried so we don't suggest the same steps?

Here is a link to the Dell Bluetooth support article.  In that article you'll find most of the traditional troubleshooting steps that you will want to try, and you can see if there are any listed that you haven't tried.

Let us know if any of the steps in that article help and, if not, what you've tried the results are.   We'll see what else we can recommend you try.

Todd

No Events found!