Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

CL

May 6th, 2007 05:00

CTA Plugin not installed or supported?

Hi,
I ran Intel Wireless Troubleshooter and it said that it has no known issues to report while I had the wireless device turned on.  At this stage, I was not connected to anything, jsut had the wireless turned on.  Anyway, I happen to look under the Wireless Event Viewer, and it said that: "CTA plugin is not installed or supported."  What does this mean?  This message was posted on the Event Viewer as a warning.  Yet, on the main page of the Troubleshooter, it said there were no known issues to report. 

My wireless device is the following: Intel PROSet/Wirless 3945ABG network.  I'm on Windows XP SP2.  I've done a bit of research on the net and though I have very little info about this problem, someone was writing in saying I would have to get a brand new network card.  Is this true?  And what exactly is this issue, and why does the Troubleshooter say that there are no known issues when in the Event Viewer, it comes up as a warning?  What is CTA plugin and what does it do?

Thank you for your time and help.
Calla

243 Posts

July 21st, 2007 05:00

bump

54 Posts

May 11th, 2009 08:00

I have had the same problem that showed up in my trouble shooting log. When I ran netstat -an  I found that the wireless device was trying to connect to a black hole domain and not the ip address of my router.  MSFT was managing the device and not the proset.  I had to disconnect and reboot the router in order to have a normal ip address.  It seems that somehow I must have a hacker inserting a OCX or DLL into the boot stream for the wireless router as the prowireless is starting in services BEFORE my Anti Virus.  It appears that this might be an exploit by trying to connect to a public domain before it connects to my own router??????

No Events found!