Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 5th, 2013 16:00

Cannot Install WLan driver

Today I turned on my Studio 1557 and while windows was loading, I turned it off. When I turned it back on, I had to re install a few drivers. The problem is, I can't seem to install my Wireless Network Adapter driver.
I've already tried:

• installing the driver that comes in the CD with the rest of the drivers that are initially found on the laptop.
  • downloading the corresponding driver for my laptop from the dell driver support.
  • downloading the corresponding driver for my wireless adapter Intel WiFi Link 5300 AGN.
  • System restore 6 days previous to the incident.

It starts installing and it ends up saying "Device driver software was not successfully installed".

Sometimes when trying to install the drivers for the wireless adapter, (the ones found on the Driver CD) It would say that this system does not have the corresponding hardware for this driver.

I'm at a loss here. I never have problems installing drivers or fixing screw ups, but this one got to me.

Any and all help is more than welcome! Thanks in advance!

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

December 6th, 2013 00:00

Have you tried the latest driver direct from Intel? Does installation of it fail also?

4 Posts

May 6th, 2014 11:00

Hey i have faced the same problem but i resolved the problem with the help of this link..

http://www.microsoftsupportchat.com/blog/post/Unable-to-install-wifi-drivers/

No Events found!