Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 28th, 2004 22:00

Cannot access 192.168.1.1 on linksys router

Hi, i just recently started having this problem. I have two PC's (both Windows XP) that are connected to my WRT54G v.2 router by wired connection. I cannot get on the internet with one the PC's and I also cannot access the linksys router controls by that IP address on that same PC.

I type 'ipconfig' on the dos prompt and the IP is indeed 192.168.1.1. I ping that ip aswell and get four replies.

I've tried the factory reset method and turning on/off the router but I still get a 'page cannot be found' error in the browser.

Can somebody plz help this is really irratating me and I would like to get on the internet. Thanks for any help.

MY RIG
Dell Dimension 8100
Windows XP w/SP1a
P4 2.6Ghz with Powerleap
384MB RDRAM PC800 non-ecc
Sapphire Radeon 9800 PRO 128MB
Creative Labs Soundblaster Live! Value
Western Digital 40GB Hard Drive
Western Digital 80GB Hard Drive
Microsoft Sidewinder Freestyle gamepad
Stock Dell p/s

7 Posts

June 29th, 2004 03:00

I am having the same problem. Can anyone help us?? My IP said they would come out and fix it but it would be a service call.

12K Posts

June 29th, 2004 10:00

If you are typing ipconfig and returning with an address of 192.168.1.1, your Netwrok adapter is not configured properly.  It shoud be returning an address of 192.168.1.100 as the first address for a Linksys product.

Are you two on the same ISP?  It almost sounds like they (the ISP) may be pullng something funny.  If the ask you for the MAC Address of your netwrok adapter, give them the address of the router instead.

15 Posts

June 29th, 2004 12:00

Actually it is 192.168.1.100

I didn't think the two zeros mattered but anyway my ISP is AOL. I called them but they weren't able to help. I called linksys aswell but no help.

Its odd because I can ping that IP address but I can't connect to it. I was thinking it may be a firewall but I dont have any 3rd party firewall installed. Only the integrated Windows XP firewall. I even disabled the XP firewall and tried to connect to the IP but it didn't go. Help plz??

5 Posts

July 16th, 2004 17:00

I have AOL and use a Linksys router.  Are you trying to access 192.168.1.1 through AOL?  If you are, that is the problem.  You have to access it through Internet Explorer.  Minimize AOL, activate Internet Explorer and you will probably reach the Linksys set-up screen.  Good luck!

October 26th, 2018 15:00

If 19216811.is Still not Working at your End, then your Gateway IP Address might not be 192.168.1.1

Simple follow these Steps to Find your Gateway IP Address of your Router

Find Your Gateway IP Address

1. To do this, open the Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center. In the “Network and Sharing Center” window, click on the “Local Area Connection” or “Ethernet”.
  2. And in the window that opens, click on the “Details” button.
  3. In the next window, you will see all the information about your network connection.
  4. The IP address of the router will be listed here, it is located opposite the “Default Gateway” item.

NOw you can Clearly Find your Gateway IP Address of Router !!

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

October 26th, 2018 18:00

Tip to new poster—check dates on posts before answering. This one is 14 years old.

The other is 4 yrs old.  Change your settings to show most recent posts first. 

No Events found!