Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

October 28th, 2009 17:00

Cisco PEAP Module and Windows 7

The windows 7 upgrade advisor has identified the 'Cisco PEAP Module version 1.0.13' as incompatiable on my Studio 1735. I have not been able to find the upgrade version (1.1) on either the Dell site or Cisco's site. Has anyone been able to find the upgraded version anyware?

7.9K Posts

October 29th, 2009 09:00

1 Message

August 9th, 2010 06:00

I faced the same issue .. thanks to miscalculated diagnosis by W7AP (W7 Advisor Program). The Vista Cisco PEAP Module 1.0.13 is infact okay with W7. Cisco has a brick wall as far as requests go and any link from Microsoft Windows leads you to a dead end as far as downloading the link it provides for the module from Cisco goes. This leaves us to the manufacturer - Dell.

Now Dell offered me the free upgrade from Vista to W7 through one of BestBuy's schemes which is why I bought the system in the first place. Having paid heed to W7AP, I uninstalled Cisco PEAP from Vista before embarking on upgrade journey. The rest is known - I don't have the Cisco PEAP Module.

How do we seek a solution ?   The right to send the link lies with Dell. Here are the reasons: Dell offered the upgrade. So there is no question of warranty since the upgrade can take place anytime after warranty ends also. Now Dell itself may take this as 'tampering with original factory installed OS' .. so Dell needs to resolve this conflict, if you will, with itself when it offers an OS upgrade or any type of upgrade and thereby a back-up for installations like the missing Cisco module. OS upgrade is a big issue.

So can we expect Dell to consider solving this by offering a legit link vide email for specific Service Tag # and Express Sevice Code whereby there is authentication as well as solution ? Request Dell to reply.

No Events found!