Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

November 10th, 2004 02:00

Connectivity Issues Dell 600m Intel PRO/Wireless

I'm having serious trouble connecting to the internet via my wireless network. I have a 600m with the Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 3A mini PCI adapter built in, and am running XP home SP2. I was having problems connecting and getting an IP address at school, but didn't think anything of it until I came home and my service cut out. Did the power down dance with the broadband modem and the DLINK Router. I also updated my drivers through the new Dell service and made the suggested corrections for the DI-614+ Dlink router that I found in the Knowledge Base. The wireless tool shows an excellent connection, but I can't get through to any website and such. I then tried to release/renew and still I can't connect to a site. Another wireless laptop on the network connects fine. I am currently using the connection through the ethernet jack, and it is working fine. Any help would greatly be appreciated, as this seems to have come out of nowhere.

76 Posts

November 10th, 2004 17:00

Sounds like a possible security setting issue.  I'd recommend deleting the profile for the network you're trying to connect to, ensure that you let WinXP configure the wireless connection as opposed to the Intel software, and then try to reconnect. 

I'm using a 2200 and a D-Link 524 router and it works fine.  I did have issues connecting at first when I chose to let the Intel SW manage the connection, and I've seen similar cases where the network is seen by traffic not allowed when there are issues with WEP/Security.

1 Message

December 4th, 2004 00:00

I have the Inspiron 600m with the Intel/PRO 2200 wireless, I am having similar issues connecting it to my home network via wireless. I have the Motorola SBG1000 Cable Modem/Router. When I enable my wireless card on my laptop it connects and dhcp an address fine. But I cannot ping any machines on my network. It also screws up my router so none of my other pc's can get to the internet. I have to disable the wireless card and reboot the router to get them to work again. This is very weird. I have 3 other wireless laptops that work fine on my home and other networks fine. I also tried this 600m on another wireless network with a Motorola SB5100 modem and SMC router with the same results. Any suggestions. Bad wireless card maybe? HELP!

thanks!
No Events found!