Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 30th, 2009 16:00

Dell Dimension 2400- Not Connecting to Internet

I am having an issue with my dimension 2400, it no longers connects to the internet. The computer recognizes an internet connection, but i can not view any websites.

Can someone please help me, walk me through the process?  Ive ran the diagnostic  connection wizard, but always refer me to the ISP, which their is no problem with my ISP.

Thanks,

Chad

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

November 9th, 2009 07:00

Ethernet ports rarely go bad. The blinking is normal.

It is most likely some setting/software that has changed on your PC.

Did you install knowingly or unknowlingly any Windows Updates recently?

November 9th, 2009 07:00

Hello Anybody? I beginning to think the ethernet port has gone bad! It lights up and then turns off, and repeats itself!

November 9th, 2009 16:00

Only thing i can remember is when i installed my netgear wireless usb adapter. My internet was working fine with the adapter connected, but later stopped working. Should i uninstall the netgear software?

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

November 9th, 2009 18:00

Before uninstalling the Netgear software, see if your Ethernet connection is disabled in Windows.

For XP:  http://www.home-network-help.com/disable-network.html

November 10th, 2009 09:00

No its not disabled, it is showing connected. I have everything set to "detect automatically" etc. I even bought another network adapter and installed it into the PCI slot and its saying "limited or no connectivity" i installed all the appropriate drivers and everything, there is definitely a problem with our computer!

4 Posts

October 22nd, 2022 14:00

Tempted to take it out in the yard and set it on fire 

No Events found!