Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 14th, 2013 10:00

Dell Inspiron 3520 Wi-Fi Problem

Hi,

Recently just bought a Dell Inspiron 3520 Laptop with Windows 8 Preinstalled,

My problem is that with any Wi-Fi network that is connected, after a time shows limited connection, and I have to power cycle the wireless card, or in some cases restart Windows,

Can you help me please?

1.5K Posts

January 14th, 2013 11:00

Hi adannoriega,

Welcome to the community.

Please check the link below for troubleshooting this issue:

http://bit.ly/UZtf2F

You can also update the BIOS of the system from the link below:

http://dell.to/V68oP1

If you are unable to locate the wireless drivers for your system, then check the link below and let us know which wireless card you have on the system:

http://dell.to/W0OGzY

Please perform these steps and let us know the results of the same so we can advise you further.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

January 15th, 2013 13:00

Nothing Work, The Problem still continue...

1.5K Posts

January 16th, 2013 13:00

Hi adannoriega,

Please let us know which wireless card is installed on the system. Also, kindly check the system ins safe mode with networking by following the steps below:

Checking in Safe Mode in networking:

Keep tapping F8 key on the keyboard while starting the system at Dell logo.

It will take us to a different screen called Windows Advanced Options.

On this screen only keyboard will function so you need to use arrow keys to scroll through the options and enter key to select the highlighted option. Highlight Safe mode with networking and Hit enter.

Hit enter to select Windows version you are using.

And your system will boot up once you are on the Desktop check the wireless connection for some time and let us know if issue persists.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

11 Posts

January 29th, 2013 06:00

i also have the same issue i have tried all the step you suggested but still have the same problem! must be an issue with this laptop series!

January 29th, 2013 10:00

the BIOS and driver are properly installed and updated, and the problem persisted

Greetings

Finally I figured out what was the problem! The Bluetooth card generates a conflict with the wireless card, and that's what this is used to disconnect or show limited connectivity after a while, to fix it you need to disable the bluetooth card, and wait for Dell provide another solution.

1.5K Posts

Hi,

Its great to hear that you have isolated the cause of the failure on the system. Please make sure that the BIOS is updated on the system.

Please download and install the wireless card drivers for the system from the link below:

http://dell.to/14qC4XI

Please perform these steps and let us know the results of the same.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

1.5K Posts

January 30th, 2013 12:00

Hi adannoriega,

Please contact me through a private message by clicking on my name highlighted in blue. On the next page, click the envelope icon and provide your service tag and contact information so I may access your system records.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

1 Message

February 2nd, 2013 04:00

Exact same issue, nothing works -.- cant even download driver because wifi stops and it ruins download

1.5K Posts

February 4th, 2013 03:00

Hi enriquegl,

I would request you to kindly connect the system using ethernet cable in order to download the driver completely. Then, you can install the same and use wireless again.

Alternatively, you can download the driver from a different system and then transfer the file to the affected system. Then, you can install it and ensure if the issue has been resolved.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

4 Posts

May 12th, 2013 22:00

I'm having this same issue with my recently bought dell inspiron 3520. I've spent a lot of time trying to fix the issue rather than actually using my laptop. I basically can't stay connected to the internet. It would say "limited access" or "this page can't be displayed". I'm in desperate need of help, I've tried many things I read on forum posts and even had a dell tech go through the system to get it fixed. Non of that worked. some info that might be helpful: I've wireless connection, modem and router is only a few feet away, Norton internet security

Thanks

11 Posts

May 14th, 2013 05:00

mine has seemed to sort itself out as it doesnt do it any more! dont know why:emotion-18: i hope you find a solution soon!

2 Posts

May 17th, 2013 02:00

Hi,

I recently bought a DELL 3520 pre-installed with windows 8but I have not been able to view the wireless set up on the networks pop up that pops up on the left side. when i put wi-fi on, only the bluetooth becomes avaliable. how do i get the wireless on my laptop to be appearing on the networks pop up window?

1.5K Posts

May 17th, 2013 07:00

Hi Keywahn

Please ensure that the wireless radio is turned. You may use + to turn wireless on and off. You may check in ‘Device Manager’ which wireless card you are using by following the steps below:

• Press ‘Windows’ key + R on ‘Desktop’ screen
  • Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in run box and press ‘Enter’
  • Click > sign next to ‘Network adapters’

Please paste the screenshot of ‘Device Manager’ if possible.

Keep me posted with the information. I will be glad to assist further.

1.5K Posts

May 17th, 2013 08:00

Hi bdesaleg,

You may remove all the current wireless profiles from the system, create a fresh profile and connect to wireless. Please share the Device ID of the Network Controller. You may follow the instructions mentioned below to get the Device ID:

• In ‘Device Manager’, right click ‘Network Controller’.
  • Click ‘Properties’.
  • Click ‘Details’.
  • Search for ‘Device Instance ID’.
  • Provide the numbers after VEN and DEV.

Please paste a screenshot of device manager with ‘Network Adapters’ expended, if possible.

Keep me posted with the information. I will be glad to assist further.

No Events found!