Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 30th, 2013 18:00

Dell Mobile Broadband Manager for DW5560

Dear community,

I am rather inept on installation matters and I am facing the following problem I bought an E6230 and a few days ago I have decided to purchase an internal mobile broadband device, the proper DW5560, to improve my experience.

It was easy to install the card [and quite hard to place the bottom cover again!].The operating system detected the new equipment, but was unable to install it on its own. So far, everything by the book. I went to ftp.dell.com and searched for a driver.

I downloaded the M66F4_A00_setup_ZPE  and run the file. At first, there was an installation error in the last item (something simply named DW5560 mobile);I removed everything and run the file again. This time I have got none error message.

I have checked my Device Manager on the Control Panel of my Windows7 [64 bit] and I found the DW5560 mini-card components in several places such as: smart-card readers, modems and COM/LPT output.

My question is the following:

I was expecting to get some software with which I could manage the mini-card. Switch it on/off, access GPS, etc. Browsing a bit I have found something about some “Dell Mobile Broadband Manager” (DMBM), but I have so far been unable to find a place to download it from. [I do not even know if it works in this case.]

Moreover, from my browsing I have learnt that this DMBM is usually place in some directory called ‘Dell Wireless’, which I cannot find on my computer. The wireless in managed by Intel PROset wireless by default.

Could anyone give me a hint about how to put my new (much waited) component to work, please? What is the link for the E6230/DW5560 DMBM

Many thanks,

SDQ

July 30th, 2013 19:00

Hi SDQ,

You may install the Dell Mobile Broadband Manager from the link http://dell.to/18LICTw.

For more information on DMBM, refer to the link below.

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_electronics/esuprt_network/esuprt_mobile_broadand/dell-wir-55xx-sin-mob-brbnd_User's%20Guide_en-us.pdf

You may copy and paste this link in a new browser window. It may ask you to 'Save' the file. Save it to the desktop and then double click on the file to install it.

Please feel free to reply for any further assistance.

1 Message

July 31st, 2013 06:00

Hello,

I'm experiencing the same problem, does this version of the Dell Broadband Manager applies for the Latitude E5530 in combination with the DW5560 as well?

I can't seem to find an official compatible download link....

Thanks in advance for answering!

Regards,

Caloure

July 31st, 2013 12:00

Hi Caloure,

You may install the DMBM application from the same link. It would work with Latitude E5530 as well.

Let me know in case of any issues. I will be glad to assist.

4 Posts

July 31st, 2013 16:00

Dear Kuldeep,

Thanks for your reply.

I have installed the software and my broadband connection is working OK.

Regards,

SDQ

August 2nd, 2013 19:00

Hi SDQ,

Thank you for the response. Glad to know that the issue is resolved.

Please feel free to reply for any further assistance.

1 Message

October 24th, 2013 16:00

It works on a win 7 box - but not for windows 8 -

The last 3 driver that were sent to me by dell did not work -

I have a 6330 with the DW5560 and Win 8.1 -

Anyone know when dell is going to release an official copy of the driver for Win 8 - or do we have to depend on compatibility pack

77 Posts

October 25th, 2013 05:00

Hi Masiah,

You may use this link http://dell.to/1d6a7t0 to install Dell Mobile Broadband Driver for Dell latitude E 6330 with Windows 8.1 Operating system.

Hope this helps. Feel free to reply for any further question.

1 Message

December 12th, 2013 08:00

Hi

I have a Dell E6430 and am running Windows 8.1
I have tried the Dell Mobile Broadband update but cannot get the Dell Broadband Manager to operate.
I want the SMS facility in this program

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 30th, 2013 01:00

I have same problem: working Dell Mobile broadband manager missing on my e6230 and on my 6430u under windows 8.1. I can't switch to "connect UMTS only" and my download speed under windows 8.1 is about 0.3 Mbps, under windows 7 about 5 mbps

1 Message

March 13th, 2014 08:00

Hi,

I followed some ur instructions, but probably it does not work forme.

I explain: I have Latitude E6420 with DW5560 installed correctly into Windows 7 64bit.

Windows use this drivers:

which application as Dell Wireless Broadband Mangaer should I install ????

thanks a lot in advance,

Davide

1 Message

February 26th, 2016 23:00

how can i found driver for DW5550.? i have tried some but it shows authentication failed.can anyone help me?????????????????????/

1 Message

March 15th, 2016 18:00

This DW5550 driver for eXX20 series was tested and works on a Latitude e6520 running Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Latest driver version that I could find but without software management...SMS/GPS/Broadband

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=C3XKT 

Older driver version but with software management.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=HJKK7

No Events found!