Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 23rd, 2010 10:00

Dell Wireless 3300 doesn't work with windows 7

Hey,

I installed my Dell Wireless 3300 on my old laptop that is running XP, it work's just fine.

But when I try too print with my new laptop that is running Windows 7 it will not print!

I pinged the Dell Wireless 3300 and it works fine! But still doesn't print!

How can I fix that?

greetz,

Jery

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 23rd, 2010 15:00

Jery,

What printer are you trying to connect the 3300 to?

It installs in the compatibility mode.

Did you try the instructions located at...

Setting up the Dell Wireless Printer Adapter 3300

Rick

3 Posts

June 24th, 2010 00:00

Rick,

Yes I already tryed it that way but it didn't work.

Like I sead, with my old Dell D810 (running XP) the dell wireless printer adapter 3300 sends it to te printer and prints!

With my new laptop (HP) running Windows 7 I can ping the dell wireless printer adapter, I can login to it. So it is in the network!

My printer is a EPSON?

But I don't think that is the problem! Because it does work when running XP!

greetz,

Jery

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 24th, 2010 10:00

Jery,

As long as it was setup before, then you really don't need to install the setup utility. If you know the ip address of the 3300, then typ it in the address bar of internet explorer and it will give you the settings screen.

A little flaw I found was if the 3300 was setup and you just tried to reinstall it and had it connect to the same network, when you went to enter the password, it gave an extra letter in the password failing to connect. The other issue is that it works with WPA-PSK(TKIP) Security(Personal) and a Belkin Wireless N router could not figure out the difference between WPA-PSK and WPA-AES. The 3300 will work on the wireless b/g network only.

What virus program are you using?

What are the settings in your wireless router? Update the firmware lately?

Did you uninstall the printer, the restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

I'm not sure about the Epson Printer having Windows 7 drivers or not. Did you try the Vista or earlier drivers in the Compatibility Mode?

Rick

3 Posts

June 24th, 2010 10:00

Rick,

For the moment the 3300 isn't protected with a password and I get the settings screen in internet explorer. All the settings seem fine?

I tried printing with my old dell laptop and it still works.

If I connect the printer direct too my new laptop with windows 7 and print a testpage then it alsow works fine?

I guess Windows 7 doesn't send the printing command too the 3300?

Wy removing the printerdriver? with the setup utillity you create a new portal for printing. If you select this portal as standard

for your printer it should work fine? Did so with my old laptop!

sow, still no solution? but I'll Keep looking.

greetz,

Jery

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 24th, 2010 16:00

Jery,

Make and model of the wireless router may be helpful. Are you using these Recommended Wireless Router Settings, I use channel 11. If you need to change anything in the wireless router, you then have to setup the 3300, again, especially security. It will have to find yourt network before attaching it to a printer. If it works with no security, it should work with security unless these is an issue with the router recognizing the type of security being used. The 3300 works with the Recommended wireless router settings, except with a Belkin wireless N router.

Rick 

No Events found!