Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 6th, 2012 15:00

Dell Wireless 370 Bluetooth Mini-Card

Hi,

Last week I install Windows 8 on my Dell Precision M6400. I have problem with the driver compatibility. I could not find update driver. Also my HTC phone do not sync with Outlook 2007 using Windows Mobile. I do not know if those two problems are related to that driver but the problem arrive in same time. I try to find a new driver in Broadcom.com but nothing there.

Anyone have suggestion ?

1 Attachment

November 10th, 2012 08:00

Hi Ravi Chandra,

I find that solution and work OK for me

Use  Microsoft's Hotmail/ActiveSync Access Service to sync the contacts & appointments on your phone directly to your Windows Live Contacts & Calendar

1.On the phone, click on “ActiveSync” under Start menu or under Programs.

2.Click on the link found in the "If your company supports syncing directly with its Exchange Server you can ....." text to configure the ActiveSync profile for Hotmail access. You may need to delete the existing profile if it is already in use.

3.On the "Enter Email Address" page, disable automatic detection of Exchange server settings.

4.Enter your full Live/Hotmail email address in the User name field. Enter password. Leave Domain blank. Tap Next

5.Enter m.hotmail.com in the Server address field. Tap Next

6.Select the data to sync. Hotmail supports all 4 data types via ActiveSync.

7.The device will connect to Hotmail ActiveSync and perform an initial sync for the selected data.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 7th, 2012 01:00

Hi Controlair1,

Officially there is no Windows 8 driver for Dell Precision M6400.Please update the Dell Wireless 370 Bluetooth Minicard Windows 7 driver from the link given below on Windows 8 operating system and check for issue resolution.

http://dell.to/YX2wWr

Also, if the windows 7 driver update does not resolve the issue then update the driver from the device manager. Please follow the steps mentioned below to update the Dell Wireless 370 Bluetooth Minicard.

1.     Open ‘Device Manager’ by clicking the Start button . In the search box, type ‘Device Manager’, and then, in the list of results, click ‘Device Manager’.
2.     When the device manager pops up, in the list please check for ‘Network adapter’.
3.     Please click on the arrow mark beside ‘Network adapter’.
4.     You will find the wireless network card available on your computer.
5.    Right click on Wireless card and select ‘Update driver software’.
6.    It should update the correct driver for the Wireless card.

Please let me know if this helps

November 7th, 2012 15:00

Thank you for your help,

Everything back to normal...thank you, my Bluetooth mouse work OK and my connection to my HTC phone with Windows mobile manager work.

I still have a problem to sync my contact,calendar and task all related to Outlook 2007, but when I sync files (not related to Outlook 2007) with Windows mobile manager it is working Ok.

Windows Mobile Manager version 6.1.6965

any suggestion?

1 Attachment

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 8th, 2012 10:00

Hi Controlair1,

I’d like to know which program or application you are using to sync the contacts, calendar and tasks from Outlook 2007.

November 8th, 2012 17:00

Hi Ravi

I use Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 9th, 2012 11:00

Hi Controlair1,

I would advise you to contact the HTC support if there is any new update for syncing your device with the outlook.

Please let me know the results.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

November 10th, 2012 10:00

The Bluetooth 380 Windows 8 driver has less compatibility issues and will work with the 370 card it may be found here: http://ftp1.dell.com/folder00865420m/1/

1 Message

January 5th, 2013 07:00

Have the same issue but the suggestion above did not work

January 5th, 2013 22:00

I still could not sync my HTC Touch Pro 2 phone with my laptop directly using the Bluetooth hardware Wireless 370 mini card install in my laptop.

I try to update my driver with Broadcom .com Update driver and my Bluetooth hardware went back OK, now I can use to connect my HTC phone, my Bluetooth speaker and so on, but still have a error message when I try to sync with my phone and Outlook with Bluetooth hardware connect.

So, to sync my HTC phone with my Outlook I use the Wireless home network and I configure my connection in my phone as discribe above. Now my phone sync with Outlook passing by internet and  with this method I sync my Outlook contact, my Outlook calender online using my Home Wireless network but it still do not work if I am connected via Bluetooth.

I also try to sync my HTC phone and Outlook with my USB wire connected directly to the laptop and I am still not to be able to sync with Outlook, I have the same error them if I am connected with Bluetooth.

I think the problem have some issue with Windows 8 software ???

1 Message

January 21st, 2013 09:00

You're a rockstar... worked for me!

December 16th, 2014 02:00

I have similar type of issues. I have dell latitude e6400. my laptop has a Bluetooth indicator above f1 button. but I am not able to activate it. I searched for the latest Bluetooth 370 minicard driver 6.2.0.9603. on trying to install the driver it says enter disk 1. I don't have the dell driver dvd/cd. what to do??? thanks in advance. Sourajit

No Events found!