Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 23rd, 2016 04:00

Dell XPS 15 wifi not working

Hi Rick,

I have a dell xps 15 laptop. I reinstalled the windows on my pc by the CD provided with the laptop. When I am trying to install the driver from the driver CD, it says the software package can not be installed on your PC. I have tried installing the latest version of the laptop from the site but it is also not working. I have tried the Intel software update utility, but that also doesn't show any update. I am tired of all the solutions provided on the net but nothing is working in my case. The device manager is not showing the wifi device and update from device manager is also not working. I tried calling the dell support center but they also could not help me with the problem. Please help me with the issue.

Thanks,

Ankit

Community Manager

• 

2.3K Posts

September 23rd, 2016 12:00

Hi Ankit,

Can you send me your Service Tag in a Private Message (do not post it in this thread) so I can look at what was attempted for troubleshooting? Also on the system prior to the reinstall of the operating system was the WiFi working? And in the system BIOS is WiFi card showing up? 

Best regards,

Brad

1 Message

November 20th, 2016 07:00

Brad,I'm having the same problem.  I did a Windows update today, and my WiFi disappeared.  "No network adapters found."  Wifi icon is gone.  This has happened intermittently since I bought the computer several months ago, but is worse now.  I took my Dell xps 15 to a local repair center yesterday and they were able to connect to their wifi, (without doing any repair) but when I got home and rebooted, I lost the wifi icon and got the "No network adapters" message. Please contact me before I put this computer on Ebay and get a Mac. thanks, David  

No Events found!