Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 29th, 2011 19:00

Dell XPS 15z (L511z) has Updated Drivers for the Intel 6230 Wireless Networking Adapter

18 Posts

September 17th, 2011 18:00

I have an interesting problem with my wireless and I thought that it might be do to a updated driver. I have a XPS15z and for some reason when I am in a different room, the wireless does not work (about 30 ft and two walls).  I tried both the 5GHz and the 2.4GHz with the same problem.  The  Network and Sharing Center show that everything is connected but when I go on Firefox or Internet Explorer, I get nothing.  I know that there is nothing wrong with the wireless network due to my other XPS (older one) works fine in the other room.

So I went to the Intel website to see if I need to update my driver and I have a newer driver than the website (14.1.2.3 on mine, 14.1.1.1 on the website).

So do you know what my problem is and what can fix it.

Thanks and have a great day.

Vinnie

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 17th, 2011 21:00

Vinnie,

Can you post this in the Dell Networking, Internet, Wireless Forums?

Trying to keep this update clear of other information.

Thanks,

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 19th, 2011 12:00

Intel has taken active participation to resolve the issue with the Wireless N 6230 combo card problems along with Dell engineering.  If you are still having connection problems and have not already done so please update to the latest drivers.

It is very important to completely remove the Intel drivers from programs and features first before installing the latest drivers. Please install both the Bluetooth and wireless drivers.

Dell has posted the following link to reinstall the drivers and configure the driver for optimal performance.  If you have not tried it out please do.

support.dell.com/.../document

Intel is working hand and hand with Dell on this and hope to have future updates shortly for those of you still having connection problems with the Intel Centrino 6230 wireless card.  Again I am sorry for the inconvenience in all of this.

5 Posts

December 16th, 2011 02:00

I just bought Dell XPS 14z and did initially face a WiFi problem. I found out that you solve the problem my ticking off an option that allows the computer to turn off the netwok adapter (Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230) under the Power Management tab. You can find this in Device Manager and Click on the Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230.

3 Posts

February 3rd, 2012 11:00

need steos please

3 Posts

need steps please

3 Posts

I have the slowness issue on my NEW XPS14Z and their solution is to replace wifi card.  I have tried all other solutions like update driver (latest 10/27/2011) and change settings....NONE WORK....ANY suggestions. Otherwise I an sending this BACK!!

5 Posts

February 19th, 2012 12:00

I also just bought XPS14z and I did everything to improve the wifi sensivity : disable Bluetooth, set maximum performance, channel width for band 2.4 at "20 MHz only", transmitter power at "5. highest"

BUT the sensibility is still much lower compared to other laptop.

What else can we do ? I guess it is not useful to change wifi daughter board as it is functional.

Please provide help to us. IT LOOKS LIKE ALL XPS LAPTOP HAVE THE SAME WIFI WEAKNESS ISSUE !

5 Posts

February 19th, 2012 23:00

I have updated the latest Dell network driver and it is working fine now.

5 Posts

February 22nd, 2012 12:00

I also updated the latest DELL network driver and the sensibility is still below a Latitude D610 laptop.

Is it normal ? I measure between 5 and 10dBm less sensibility compare to D610.

Should I return this XPS 14z ???

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 4th, 2012 13:00

Naim.,

Try reading...

Intel® WiFi Products — Power Save Polling (PSP) causes connection issues with some access points

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\Create a Power Plan

Select High performance.

Start, control panel, device manager. Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Intel ~ Recommended settings for 802.11n connectivity

Rick

1 Message

August 4th, 2012 13:00

I have XPS 15Z Service tag .

It came with Intel Advanced Centrino N 6230 with driver version 14.3.0.6.  Had the wifi issue - intermittently lose internet access - VERY VERY FRUSTRATING.  Its a month old this laptop.

The recommended (urgent upgrade) driver version is 14.2.x - that is disappointing since what I had was a newer version.  What is Dell doing to solve these issues?  How come I received a laptop as recently as July still having the wifi issues?  Can Dell please respond???

Naim.

1 Message

September 13th, 2013 05:00

I have a Dell XPS 15z with Centrino Advance N-6230 card on windows 7. I am using a viao right next to this laptop to post on this forum and the internet is running just fine on the viao. I tried using all the power management and other recommended settings along with reisntalling drivers bit posted on the forum. But the internet just wont run properly. It connects on will, if it wants or otherwise it just doesn't. It is annoying as hell. Can't believe Dell signed me up for this piece of <ADMIN NOTE: Profane word removed per TOU policy>.

Very frustrating. 

Jawad

No Events found!