Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 3rd, 2008 05:00

Diagnostic software for Intel(R) Pro/100 VE Network connections adaptor

Hi Everyone,

On my Dell Dimension 4550 WinXP Pro Sp3 computer , I have a preinstall Intel(R) Pro/100 VE Network connections adaptor . And it came with some Diagnostic software also . With the latest version of the software being only assessable thru Device Manager .

Once when I did a repair install I had to download a driver/software package for my computer . And reinstall the drivers and software.

Now I have noticed that the Diagnostic software is no longer available thru device manager . I don't know if the Diagnostic software is not compatible with the SP3 update , or something else happened to it. I did try to reinstall my drivers and Diagnostic software , but the driver reinstall worked , but the Diagnostic software was still not available.

So I would like to ask what steps I can take to fix this problem ( no diagnostic software ) , or perhaps re -download some more driver/Diagnostic software install files, in case the one stored on my computer became corrupt ?

Thanks .

38 Posts

August 5th, 2008 14:00

I solved the problem . I unintalled all my Intel(R) Pro/100 VE Network software and files , with Revo . Then I deleted all other Intel(R) Pro/100 VE Network files that were left over .

I then downloaded the latest version of Intel(R) Pro/100 VE Network software . And after installing , all was well.

No Events found!