Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

August 4th, 2004 02:00

Dimension 2400-Ethernet Drivers

I recently had to reformat my PC and when trying to set up my cable modem connection it says it can't find my ethernet card. I checked in device manager and it turns out my Ethernet controller does not have an updated driver and I can't seem to find one and I don't know exactly what kind of card/controller it is so I can't search for one effectively and I don't know how to use the driver after that. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much I can finally get back to a good internet connection thanks ^_^.

28K Posts

If you didn't install the chipset drivers for your motherboard, you will not be able to install the drivers for your ethernet adapter.  The chipset drivers should be on the Dell Resource CD, and must be the first drivers installed after reinstalling Windows XP.  If you can't find the chipset drivers, they can be downloaded from:

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/type.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&SystemID=DIM_PNT_P4_CEL_2400&category=27&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=3268&devlib=27

Once the chipset drivers are installed you should install the ethernet network adapter drivers.  Assuming that the ethernet adapter is not a card you have added, but is the one integrated onto the motherboard, you should also be able to find them on the Resource CD.  They can also be downloaded from:

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/format.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&SystemID=DIM_PNT_P4_CEL_2400&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=3597&devlib=5&category=5&releaseid=R64645

Steve

15 Posts

August 5th, 2004 00:00

I think I have a similar problem.  If you remember volcano, you helped me replace my failed hard drive.  I was able to do that, but now I can't get my internet working.  I have a dimension 2100 with windows me.  I'm trying to connect by ethernet.  Can you help me find the files/drivers I would need to get it back up and running? 

28K Posts

August 5th, 2004 01:00

brendon,

It is always confusing to try to help people with different problem/systems in the same thread.  You should be able to find all the drivers for yours system by clicking on the Product Support link at the top left of the Dell forum window and clicking on Downloads in the drop-down menu.  If you are still having a problem or need more details, make a new message to start a new thread, rather than replying to this message in this thread.

Steve

No Events found!