Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 21st, 2012 05:00

Driver Installation Failed : Could not find the MODEM device for this driver

I have an Inspiron 1545 and I reinstalled Vista  32-bit, but I having problems with the comms driver (Conexant D400, External USB 56k Modem Rev : a05) and having the following message appear when I install the driver?

Any ideas where to show MODEM?

cheers

1.8K Posts

October 22nd, 2012 04:00

Hi,

If you are using a modem with your computer, please ensure it is connected to your computer and is getting detected in 'Device Manager'.

Modem will be listed under 'Device Manager' or under 'Other/Unknown devices'. 

Open Device Manager by clicking Start/Windows logo on desktop --> ‘Control Panel’ --> ‘System and Maintenance’ --> ‘Device Manager’  and check for modem.

You can install the driver for D400 External USB 56K Modem from the link: http://dell.to/QBrdnG

Steps to download drivers:-

• Click 'Download file' to download the list to a folder you will designate.
  • Click 'Save'. Then designate the folder you would like to save the files to.
  • Once you have designated the folder you would like to save your files to, Click 'OK'.
  • Selected downloads will automatically start downloading. Next is Installation.
  • To start installation, Click Open folder. Right-click a downloaded file and select the option to ‘Run as administrator’.
  • A small window will appear with 'Continue' and 'Exit' buttons, click 'Continue'.
  • In the Select the folder where you want to unzip the files to window, click OK.
  • If a message appears asking to create a folder, click 'Yes'. If a message appears asking to overwrite the folder, click 'Yes to All'.
  • In the All files were successfully unzipped window, click OK.
  • A new window will appear, follow the prompts that appear to finish the installation.
  • Restart your computer.

If you are not using any modem with your computer, you can uninstall it.

Please reply for further clarifications.

No Events found!