Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 21st, 2006 23:00

E1505 Another wireless utility adapter conflicting with Intel Proset

Have a new Inspiron E1505 with IntelPro/wireless3946 mini card. When I turn on my computer Intel's tray icon says card found  but cannot connect and to double click to open Intel Pro wirelss. When I open the program it says..."Another wireless network utility is communicating with the Intel Proset wireless adapter. To avoid conflicts Intel's profile management features have been temporarily disabled".  Then I click on the box.."Enable Proset wireless" then click on my wireles connection and then click connect and I am on with no problems.

So while I get on the internet with no drops it is a bit annoying to go through this routine. I have disabled Windows Zero Configuration utility via the services menu but it has not helped.

What utility is running and conflicting with Intel Proset wireless? Would like to eliminate it so have instant internet .

Thanks,Carl

28K Posts

September 22nd, 2006 00:00

Try downloading and installing the latest version of the Intel Proset Utility form the Intel web site.  Lots of bugs have been reported in previous versions and Dell does not always ship with the latest drivers and utilities.  The drivers and utilities at the Intel site should be the latest available.

Steve

451 Posts

September 22nd, 2006 12:00

Along with what steve suggessted, y ou can also try disabling 'Quickset' and see if the problem gets resolved.

8 Posts

September 23rd, 2006 11:00

Steve,

When I go to Intel"s site it seems to direct me to Dell's download site. So use Dell site to download?? Know previous driver had memory leak but this new one eleased 9/16 is supposed to fix it. Heard any new problems?
Carl

8 Posts

September 24th, 2006 00:00

Decided to let windows handle the wifi duties and now everything works fine. Why use buggy Intel software when windows seems do do it fine. Not as pretty but works!

Carl
No Events found!