Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 12th, 2015 17:00

Ethernet connection not found

My hard drive failed a couple of weeks ago and I finally got the OS reinstalled today. For whatever reason my Ethernet connection is not being detected. Wifi works fine but the option for Ethernet does not even show up under the network connections tab in control panel. I have gone through the Dell automated driver detection/ update and everything is updated but the connection is still not present / detected. It worked just fine prior to the hard drive dying so I'm assuming the hardware didn't fail between now and then. I am running Windows 8.1 (just upgraded but had same problem with initial Windows 8 install) on an XPS 8500.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• 

16.7K Posts

July 13th, 2015 09:00

pdeem,

Click the link below for resolving the network adapter issue you are having with your computer. What does the device manager show under network adapters?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-network-adapter-problems#1TC=windows-8

2 Posts

July 13th, 2015 10:00

It doesn't show up at all. I only see bluetooth and the wifi. I don't see the ethernet adapter that used to and should be there.

No Events found!