Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 28th, 2016 09:00

Inspiron 1545 - did not see Internet from WiFi

Hi, i tried to find by my own solution, but it wasn't as easy i I though...

I would like to have Internet by WiFi transfer and get rid of cable of LAN connection. About 2 years ago, after installation windows 7 i couldn't find WiFi connection with now I need. 

I tried reinstall drivers from Dell site. 
I tried find connection by Acrylic program ale it show me massage: "wireless local area network interface is powered down and does not support the requested operation"

I don't know what informations will help to solve problem so i did printscreen of device manager:

files.tinypic.pl/.../6uyibac63mjs_t.jpg>

I have windows 7.

Anyone knows what could help me?

1.8K Posts

February 29th, 2016 12:00

Hello,

I tried looking at the image you linked but it's so small, and low resolution, that I could not make it out even when I enlarged the page.   What wireless network card do you have in the system?  

According to your message it sounds like wireless is turned off in your system, either through Windows 7 or in the BIOS.   Here is a quick explanation on how to turn on (Enable) wireless in Windows 7.  Here is a link to the online setup guide for the Inspiron 1545.   Page 9 of that pdf explains how to Enable / Disable wireless.  Try it and see if that works as well.  

To better help me troubleshoot this issue please right click on my Dell Todd username and send me a private message with the Dell Service Tag of your Inspiron 1545 system.  Please keep all troubleshooting discussions here on this public thread so that others can see what is discussed.  

4 Posts

March 6th, 2016 06:00

Hello Todd,

I wrote to you private massage 2 days ago, please check it.

Unfortunately non of your advice helped me, either turning on wireless in Windows and turning on network connection using keyboard on Inspiron. I have no idea even how to start solving my problem. Maybe you can have some others advices? Or anyone who read this topic.

4 Posts

March 17th, 2016 03:00

Really nobody knows how to solve my problem? I can pay for solution

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 17th, 2016 12:00

Tlen777,

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the Dell System Software (if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Still using Windows 7?

Installing My Wi-Fi Technology Intel® My WiFi Technology is supported only on the Windows 7 operating system with driver versions 13.1.1 to Intel drivers 14.3

New program is called Intel® My WiFi Dashboard Intel My WiFi Dashboard delivers ultimate Wi-Fi portability for chatting, transferring files, creating personal hotspots, and syncing between devices over Wi-Fi Direct. Intel My WiFi Dashboard for Microsoft Windows 7 is a free app for Intel® Centrino® Wireless products. Intel has Windows 8 drivers available.

Rick

4 Posts

March 24th, 2016 10:00

Thanks Rick for answer, and sorry for my late reply - i trying to figure out what's wrong by myself.

I don't remember order of driver installation. I can't install some drivers, and dell program to diagnose problem so it starting to be annoying.

Take a look at this screen, maybe it will help

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 26th, 2016 13:00

Tlen777,

I can't remember if 14.3.2.1 has the correct drivers or not. Try...

Installing My Wi-Fi Technology

And see if it installs.

Rick

No Events found!