Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 6th, 2012 09:00

Inspiron N1050 Slow network Connection on bootup

A month after i had this laptop(bought new) its started have insanely slow connection times after booting up. The little blue circle starts to twirl meaning its searching for a wireless network. It then freezes and takes about 1 min- 5min to actually come back to normal and connect to a network. If i hibernate or standby there is no such problem, only after a fresh reboot. For this reason i usually never turn off my laptop, thus avoiding a lot network connection wait.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 6th, 2012 14:00

cade7,

Try reading...

Windows startup programs. What are they? Are they required? How can I disable them?

A quicker start with unnecessary programs loading, can get you connected quicker.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 6th, 2012 15:00

cade7,

Hit the Windows key and the R keys at the same time. type

msconfig

Hit enter and click on the startup tab. Look there for unnessary startup programs, like adobe updater, quicktime, Java auto updater, just to name a few. Unchecking the box, allow the computer to boot quicker and then it will connect quicker. The programs will start when you click on something that needs them.

Have you scanned for Malware? Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware update it and do a quick scan. Report back if it finds anything. Also some virus programs are resource hogs and make loading the operating system slow.

Rick

2 Posts

February 6th, 2012 15:00

Perhaps i wasn't clear enough. My computer starts up fast. Everything is fine as it's starting up. The only flaw on start up from a fresh boot is that the network stops functioning for about 1-5 min. 5 seconds after boot up i can start up word, use excel, etc.... But the internet connection, be it wired or wireless, will not function for about 1-5min after a fresh boot up. I don't have a lot of start up programs. My network adapter is up to date.

No Events found!